MikeVR6

VR6 Belt Tensioner Replacement

My tensioner is on its last legs. Screaming like mad and very hot to the touch, burning rubber smell.

So I did a bit of hunting and found this very handy guide along with part no's etc. click here

Hopefully someone will find that useful. :)

I have a old tensioner if your intrested?

Thanks for the offer. But as I'm going supercharged in the next few months I think it best I use a new tensioner and belt. Already priced them on E-Bay.

I replaced the bearing on mine - was nice and easy! You do have to cut the old bearing out of the pulley but once you've done that the new one pressed in easily using a vice and has been fine for over a year :)

Get it done asap! Left mine too long and it totally melted whilst driving in snow. No PAS, water pump etc- not good!

Get it done asap! Left mine too long and it totally melted whilst driving in snow. No PAS, water pump etc- not good!

It had been getting gradually noisier over the past few weeks. Then today I noticed the burning smell and the tensioner was hot to touch. So car is laid up now until I can get a new one on.