nyek7

g60 supercharger

Hi a was woundering if any one could tell me if this means anythin like if my charger has had a rebuild at sum point? Its etched on top of the intake, cheers nye

WP_000264.jpg

A got no history with the car and is my first g60, so wasn't sure, wht psi should it make running a standard pulley? cheers nye

from memory its around 8 or 9 psi...even full boost doesnt mean its in good health , best have some one that knows about them to take it apart at least inspect it

if thats still too much , the small timing belt can be diy replaced for about £10 and would at least eliminate that from failing

Its running 9 psi just now, so is it worth getting a kit with new Barings an apex seals an replacing them?

11 or 12 psi in a standard charger an pulley.

14 psi standard charger with 68mm pulley.

18 psi+ with 68mm pulley depending on the porting on the charger

from what ive seem most places that rebuild chargers(jabbsport, JMR, G-werks) will stratch a refference number into the charger not like your branded numbers .....so i would assume like the other guys have said that it has not been rebuilt.......

and coming from personal experience i would get your charger rebuilt asap mate its just not worth tempting it plus finding a good replacement charger is getting pretty difficult unless you buy a new unit which is £2000.... lol

as has been said above the amount of boost your charger is making is not the best guide to its health as it may be slowly eating itself but still making boost

Thanks for the quick response folks:) wher would use recomend for gettin the kit for rebuilding the charger, seen some on eBay.de are these worth the money or worth avoiding? Cheers nye

German eBay is a good bet.

Approx £140 will get you a proper kit, I used one of them when I rebuilt mine.

Took 3 days to arrive.

After rebuilding and extra porting I went from 13psi to 20psi the difference in boost build up is considerably better.

If you're happy to build the charger yourself go for it if not get jabba sport or jmr to do it for you

Thanks ye am gona hav a good look on there this week, ye al do it myself, anythin a should watch out for tips or a good guide would be much appreciated :) 13 - 20 is a big jump :) was ther much U had to do to the engine for the extra psi?

No extra work to the engine itself.

Just a new chip from sns to match the fuel to the boost.

Bear in mind I did a hell of a lot of porting to get that increase