lewvw

Synta Platinum

Changed my oil the other day, while on the phone to TPS I asked what oil was listed to go in the VR6 and they said platinum, so I put that in. Anyhow my oil temps were around 118 on the MFA on the way to national day. Before with synta silver I was getting about 114 max. Anybody else use Platinum?

Yeah, it replaced Gold and PD Diesel oil and it's what VW recommend for the Corrado on the oil tool thing but in reality it's a bit thin for our older engines, I'd only use this on a low mileage or fully rebuilt engine that's been run on fully synth from day one. Normal Synta silver is fine and cheaper too!

Daft question possibly. But i picked up some Synta Platinum today and noticed it was 5w-40. Ive only ever got synta platinum in 10w-40. is the synta plat only available in 5w-40 now or have i just been given the wrong grade of oil?

My engine is a recon and has done 45k and only been run on fully synthetic. so im assuming the oil will be fine anyway.