KIPVW

Removing Hub From Hub Casing/housing :/

hi mate where are the 3 screws you removed? i cant work out what your trying to remove from where to help you out,it reads like your trying to get the hub housing from the wishbone?

the hub is held in by the wheel bearing, i think that what you mean, i had mine pressed out by local garage, its destroys the bearing too (i think)

Yeah got the whole hub casing off (the bit the wishbone, track rod & suspension leg bolts to) but trying to remove the bit the wheel bolts to away from the said casing. Might be as you say 3corsa. and fall out once the bearing is pushed out.

I just bent my hub up doing what you are doing, and the cv joint, was an expensive hammer blow, but like shiny new parts.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Yeah i bent mine to submission too but got 2 new drive shafts and 2 spare hub carriers to replace them so not too fussed but i'd have rather them be usable but alas it was not to be :)

your right the part you want to remove is a press fit in the bearings inner ,you need to press it out and then press a new bearing into the housing and press the hub back in,but as already said if you dont support the bearing properly you can damage it so a garage may be your best bet if you dont have a press.

Edited by tim20vt