Tempest

Today went to to Porker Club National Day

Sunny weather, little convoy from initial meeting point to ND location, TIPEC (The Independent Porsche Enthusiasts Club) was holding its ND at Hatton Country Park with ample space for quite a few Porkers that turned up, and the adjacent village shops of Hatton Country Park itself offering something for all the family.

Some cars were arranged according to which region they belonged to, and the Central region, which I belong to, certainly had a good turn out of 982 and other tasty Porkers.

Interesting to see how another very like-minded club as far as their attitude to their cars, the way they like tnkering with their Porkers etc (as compared to the other Porsche Club :) ) organise their ND.

Spot the other CCGB member with a soft spot for Porkers also attending, spot the odd Rado in the ¨other cars¨ section, also featuring a nice Aston Martin.

We did get bored by about 14:00, and decided that despite the nice location, tasty cars, it wasn´t a suitable site for the CCGB to hold a ND.

Piccies;

100_1102.jpg

100_1103.jpg

100_1104.jpg

100_1105.jpg

100_1106.jpg

100_1107.jpg

100_1108.jpg

100_1109.jpg

100_1110.jpg

100_1112.jpg

Tempest

Always liked the 928S - similar styling to the Corrado I suppose. Anyway looks like a nice day out was had....I watched the Monaco GP before the barbecue was ignited...too hot to cook so headed off down the beach.....what a lazy get

Ha - lol, was it you Wendy??

Did you pull? ;-)

Sadly no, all the ones that looked like they may be able to afford my tastes of Porsche, were already taken !!!!

I don't know why I torment myself at these days though. Porsche/Holidays. Holidays/Porsche. Corrado respray/Porsche. Corrado respray/350z/Winter runaround - too many decisions !!!

I did manage to get the Convoy to liven up though !! I only travelled a further 30 minutes to join them - out of my way !!!! :-)

Glad to see a little more "accepting" Porsche club. I remember when I had my 911 I went to the PCGB National Day and was not really impressed with how they seemed to view each others cars. All I heard all day was, "well those aren't original wheels" or "thats a 1978 indicator on a 1977 wing" etc..etc..

Not once did I hear "wow that looks lovely".

Jay

I had a similar experience to a certain degree when comparing a local meet with afore-mentioned PCGB to another local meet with TIPEC. TIPEC are much more like us Rado-folk, so felt at home and joined them. Moreover they have, and in particular within the Midlands region, a large proportion of 928-owners :)

Reid: :lol:

Tempest