Dazmonkey

Fluid squirting from Steering Rack Boot.

Hi all, I have fluid squriting out my steering rack boots. This happens when the wheels are turned from side to side and I ca hear fluid squelching in the boots. Can I assume my steering rack is nacked?

Sounds like it. Not good news. You can use a company like Western Power Steering to have it rebuilt. I've used them twice in the past.

About 200ish all in with postage back and forth, if I remember right. Removal of the rack is about as fun as hammering nails into your eyes, but it's not too bad. I rebuilt the front suspension on the wife's Corrado 16V last year and had the rack done by WPS. I completely lower the subframe to do it, while supporting the engine. It's just time consuming more than anything.

Hmmm, The £200 ain't so bad including postage, its the nails in eyes bit I'm not sure about. Thanks alot for the info Trev. One last thing, do you know if a rack off a 2.0 8v will be the same as a 16v?