mookie

Are my expectations too high for KW v1's and 17inch wheels with skinny tyres?

Amazing what a difference having the right tyre pressures makes... :bonk:

Found 43psi in one front tyre, 28psi in the other one... no wonder it felt so bad! Never bothered checking since I bought it as the tyres all looked fine and well inflated.

Still a firm ride, but I'm not bouncing out my seat anymore... which is nice! :cheers: Onwards and upwards!

Yeah I was wondering why it was so bumpy especially over the yellow slow down lines on dual carriageways... Think i set both fronts to 34 and the backs to 30 as I wasn't sure what was a good pressure on these tyres. I'll tweak them down a bit to what you say and see how it feels. It needs new front tyres soon-ish anyway so I'm likely to just replace them all with either 205's or 195/45's.

205/40/17 is the correct tyre. Using incorrect tyres just compounds the problems associated with aftermarket wheels and suspension.

I Would say that 16 is big enough and a good compromise between filling the arch and an original car. I fitted 16" Dare DR-RS. They are the same as the lenso, BBS copies and that fills the arch enough and it seems fine even on the ****y cheap coileys that were on when I bought it and are about to be replaced with KW v1

Think for now I'm quite happy with the 195/40 and 17s. I certainly don't feel the urgent compulsion to change my wheels now.