Critical_Mass

Boot light stuck on! affecting alarm

hi all,

Ive done a search for this problme, i know people have had this issue themselves, but the search doesnt appear to bring much back regarding this issue.

A few weeks ago i tried locking the car using the fob of my Autowatch 475rli alarm/immob. But the car was beeping like a door was still open. i checked all the doors bonnet and boot, ensured all the windows were shut. I did a full closure by holding the fob button and the car locked. However, tonight it was doing the same. Now, this could have been going on for the last couple of weeks and ive not known as the gf has been using the car instead of me. Anyway to cut a long story short it turns out the boot light is staying on with the boot closed which was causing this problem - i've removed the bulb to stop the battery draining.

What causes the boot light to stay on? I've checked the popper in the boot by pushing it in and the light stays on. Im guessing its the popper thats the switch for the boot light, so is this the fault?

Cheers

It was a while ago I had trouble with mine, I'm sure I had to take the cover off ! If yours is original,just push the centre of the fixings into the boot,this releases the fixings.

Sorry It was a while ago and I didn't take any pics

Got all mine in bits at the moment could try and find it and grab a photo but not till tomorrow night now.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2