wbx6dan

g60 nothelle corrado project

nothing like rubbing salt in eh?

I still cant believe it! it took three nights of drunken wrestling with my conscience to do it!

you know agree to spend loads of money on some seats i dont really need and with my heart finally

set on all black to go with the silver.

I keep imagining a trip to Le Mans at 150mph all the way there and back in splendid comfort!

ah well back to my smelly old ripped ones with shagged foam and metal that sticks up your ass when you get in:bad-words:

you could lend me yours as you are not going to use it because you fancy painting your wheel bearings! :thumbleft:

everything comes to those who wait its a bugger i dont feel patient though

:lol::lol::lol: I genuinely was asking about the offer you had from alan h mate. It's funny you say in comfort my previous seat's were amazingly comfortable on a long journey the Recaro's have alot to live up to to be honest I'm not sure they will be as comfortable but it was more about creating a look with my car.I felt the Konig's were just a bit OTT

whoops sorry bud

Did you think that was a bonafide offer? no further contact, maybe no news is good news?

I reckon everyone in the world knows i want some now though :puppydogeyes:

Awesome car Dan reckon Devons the place for sorted G60's mines off to JMR in a fortnight to get some more bodywork done and some serious magic under the bonnet ;)

Heres a couple of update pics of on the way to the rolling road and some of the new strut braces and a couple after todays test run!

Did a 37 mile run at 24mph the handling was much improved rattles squeeks wind noises brakes pulling and squeeling no rev counter to name a few more problems to sort out but pretty good boost comes in well wish i knew what the rpm was !!!! and there was far too much traffic on the north devon link road but oil good water good better jack her up tomorrow and have a look!

mobphone052_zps63a2267a.jpg

mobphone055_zps21cf7ebf.jpg

mobphone023_zpsc8686e9e.jpg

mobphone022_zpsdb173d03.jpg

Edited by wbx6dan

Keep it up Dan (the work on the car that is :rolleyes:) Has this still got the original Nothelle interior?

Nothelle never offered an interior however Scotts of sloane square the official importers officially took it upon themselves to offer customers a bespoke leather interior Fozzie bear advertised his a while back and i was tempted but its cold in the winter and sticky in the summer and very slidey theres only one way to go! fingers crossed for alan to come through :new-bday:

Evening all

thanks G60 CS not familiar with JMR i do know John Mayer Racing but your chaps in saltash his web site looks good!

But anyway a few more test drives and picked no 2 son up from school yesterday and well it was raining inside the car :(

got to get that screen surround done and a new screen fitted!

Then, it wouldnt start nothing on the key bugger bugger bugger a small roll down the hill and away we went phew.

Got home realized that the recirculation pump for the charge cooler had packed up to ! So stripped the pump and fixed that and

removed the fuse box this avo checked all lives from the switch fuse board etc and we were working again :shrug:

So the misses comes home minus a fog lamp grille from the old A6 and said well i did hit a pheasant at 60

so off for another test drive to try to find it.

This time the coolant light stayed on for the entire trip and the oil pressure light came on with the buzzer to boot.

Now the alarm after you have turned it off does flash the indicators a couple of minutes after starting the engine almost like its

rearming itself (it is also silent even on activation) and it seems to be this action which sets the coolant light off as it goes off initially and then comes back on when the lights flash, the level is fine the temp is also fine and the fan cuts in correctly and the oil pressure is also good aswell as the oil temperature!

All this said and done the rev counter started working today :dance: which is fantastic and from 3500 up (havent been past 5000)i love it

the car seems to be settling down and behaving herself very nicely and going round corners too! but i feel its soon time to remove the alarm system and may be fit a new dash unit to try to get rid of the electrical gremlins!

(ps found the missing grille and refitted the pheasant was a right mess!)

a few more pics up to nearly 200 miles now had to put more fuel in!!!

the headlight work well at night, let the boss drive her home after a soiree at friends last night (didnt get over 3500 scared?)

Im not going to be happy until i have sorted the seats out NEED SOME RECAROS HELP PLEASE ? got another list of to do and got some

major respect from a Porsche Caymen driver at the tyre shop while i was having some new valves fitted he was having some michelin pilot sports fitted on the back £300 each and every 8000miles he was all over the corrado i felt incredibly proud :afro:

So anyway rugby practice with no2 today and a trip to bideford after everyone was out in there toys/bikes

but home drinking beer in the sun in the garden now trying to figure out what to about these damn seats!

baglesandrado009_zpsb22bf792.jpg

baglesandrado006_zps48e93844.jpg

baglesandrado012_zps4927f4d6.jpg

who you calling bling?

Tight as a drum lower than a snakes belly and as hard as mike tyson !

I couldnt really say its too early but you might be able to tell watching my tuche disappearing in front of you next time your down!

The car is looking great , I had a good drive in mine today up to dawlish warren , feels great to be driving them again doesn't it .

Thanks boys , Rob how was yours performing?

The problem is we have all been forced into the nanny state of "The Diesel car" which are great for low down torque but you loose the ability to use your right calf muscle and when you finally have the opportunity to drive a petrol again and it revs to 6000 as oppose to 3000 you feel a little lost and naughty bring it on i say :dance:

However I now have another fix it list to look at!

Hi , mate there is always another fix list lol. Mine is running great thanks , i just need to sort the rear brakes . Then its on to the next fix .

Afternoon all

a small update on the seat saga happy now :cool:(well heated seat looms on the way!)cheers Baron you were right about the colour

nice and firm very comfy all good test ran them today should have cleaned them properly fist but hey!

corradorecaro001_zps5c264f16.jpg

corradorecaro004_zps11c38511.jpg

corradorecaro005_zps4e227e0b.jpg

corradorecaro006_zpsc3200c82.jpg

corradorecaro008_zps9d0e1598.jpg

I think your right diarmaid I was just winding Dan up a bit :razz::silly::wave:

ah you guys glad you approve :new-bday: got my prezzie at last and i think thats quite enough grey Rob ta