dubweiser

alarm suddenly stopped working from keyfob

Hi i have an autowatch cat1 on my car which ive had fitted since i owned it and never had any bother whatsoever with it,then today i pressed the button on the kefob and nothing happened (supposed to beep and unlock doors) after a couple of attempts it worked so i started my car as normal and drove home from work.After i turned the car off and tried alarm fob again,it now wont work again.I can lock the doors and open them no problem just with the key,problem is,the immobiliser is on because i cant turn it off with the keyfob.So the immobiliser part of the system is working fine,but the alarm/lock/unlock part of it wont work.Any ideas anyone?Someone said it could be a blown fuse as they had the same trouble with the same alarm and thats what fixed it,but ive just looked at the fuses and they are all ok.Is there more than one fuse board?(down under the drivers side,the one with a few relays on the board aswell),or am i missing something or other fuses.

Im up S**t creek at the minute cos i cant start my car as i cant turn the immobiliser off with the keyfob and i need it for work.

oh and i just tried phoning autowatch to get my emergency override code to find out they are only open mon-fri.Quality! not

Edited by dubweiser

Interesting.Tried it again today and it works but only when i have the fob right next to the window on the drivers side.Any farther away from that and it wont work.Any idea what this problem could be?

I just put new batteries in today mate,and tried another fob i had and the same thing happens.Ive been reading that it could be an antenna fault???God knows where the antenna is located

Spoke to autowatch today and they said i needed a new alarm ecu module to replace the old one.I can get the part from them and apparantly its just a case of unplugging the old module and plugging the new one in its place.However,the unit is hidden (as far as i know) somewhere behind the dash.Any tips on getting into the dash please?The most ive had off is the steering cowling and the instrument trim ring.I would think the best access would be to remove the clocks.Anyone know how to remove them and is it easy before i go smashing things i shouldnt?Are they just screwed in place?