robo22sri

Site keeps making my computer go non responsive

Finding the site very slow or just freezes been using a mac and safari and sure its not the connection as my phone works fine on the wifi.

Have noticed pages with high numbers of images slows down even more.

I get the freezing too, from any of the PC's in my differing work locations and including home.

I'm still getting lockups of IE7 at work (never on Firefox at home).

Two examples from today was when just trying to navigate to the homepage with simply www.the-corrado.net:

1) At approx 12:10pm it locked while "waiting for http://ad-emea.doubleclick.net/adi/N32..." (couldn't see the rest).

2) At approx 12:13pm it locked while "waiting for http://the-corrado.net/form.php..."

The times could be out by a few mins but that hopefully will help with any server logs. When it happens that instance of IE7 becomes completely unresponsive on all tabs but another instance of IE7 is fine (e.g. if I have two windows open, each with tabs in then only one windo locks up).

Guys,

Can you please use http://direct.the-corrado.net/forum.php (you may need to log in again) and see if it helps?

I don't see why IE7 would be falling over the adverts now when it's been absolutely fine for the past 6 months.. Nothing's changed?

I know this is not really any fix. But using an out-of-date web browser is really a dead-end in modern world. It may lead to random site crashes, may cause content to display incorrectly and most importantly can cause security issues on your computer.

IE is now available as version 9 (in case of Windows XP it's IE8 only). Soon version 10 will be also released. There should really be no reason no to upgrade! Many sites are no longer supporting IE6, IE7 browsers - as these are considered unsafe. Upgrade to at least version 8 seems a very reasonable choice.

Equally I would strongly advise to move away from Internet Explorer and jump into Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Opera. These are very good web browsers and really only IE9 can match them on performance and stability.

If you decide not to upgrade, maybe on your current web browser you could:

- clean browsing history (Control Panel -> Internet Options)

- disable ALL not required addons and toolbars (Manage Addons)

- as a last resort, reset web browser to it's original settings (Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Reset...

- make sure you have up-to-date antivirus, and also download and scan your PC with MalwareBytes software to see if there is nothing malicious on your PC

It is hard to track what could be causing your IE to crash... but my first attempt would be to upgrade the browser anyway... or just don't bother and try Google Chrome - it's amazing browsing experience.

Hope you will get it sorted

I am using IE9 :)

I've got Chrome and Firefox installed, but the only reason I use IE is habit..

I suspect there's some rogue javascript in an ad, which causing the browser to hang

I've only been able to get on with my phone since the beginning of june. I appreciate what was said above but surely changing browsers isn't the answer when this is the only site that causes a problem. It's the same with both links to the forum.

It is very strange so many of you have this issue... I have been on the forum for most of today and yesterday and all is fine. Having said that, last night at around 00:00 forum was completely offline for me... and couldn't access it so decided to go to bed :) But starting from very morning today, all is fine again.

I'm tempted to say, maybe it is some weird local DNS issue? Robo22sri, any chance you could try restarting your router.. just to see if it's going to make any difference at all? Obviously I have no access to logs, or anything else.. so I am as much guessing as you guys are... but that's what I would try if I were you.

Seems good today for me, working first time.

i am using the direct.corrado link at the moment though

---------- Post added at 2:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:26 PM ----------

froze up as i went to post that, just had to reopen IE,. :lol:

It is very strange so many of you have this issue... I have been on the forum for most of today and yesterday and all is fine. Having said that, last night at around 00:00 forum was completely offline for me... and couldn't access it so decided to go to bed :) But starting from very morning today, all is fine again.

I'm tempted to say, maybe it is some weird local DNS issue? Robo22sri, any chance you could try restarting your router.. just to see if it's going to make any difference at all? Obviously I have no access to logs, or anything else.. so I am as much guessing as you guys are... but that's what I would try if I were you.

I am on a large work network so don't have access to the router etc

I've been mainly experiencing lock up on submitting posts through the fast reply.

It goes into that 'will it/won't it' mode with no sign of life for a short time in which you have to leave it & pray somewhat that it'll post.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.

I am bugrudgingly using IE to try and find the source of the problem!

Erm, working fine so far... (IE8 )

Do you guys have any toolbars installed?

I am bugrudgingly using IE to try and find the source of the problem!

Erm, working fine so far... (IE8 )

Do you guys have any toolbars installed?

No too bars bud, i am unsure of what IE that IT are using

I may have fixed it? At least its been OK for 15mins since I clicked on the "ad choices" in the banner at the top and set the preferences on google to not use my info for the ads....

Jay

Interesting, Jay...

Looks like we're not alone - there's certainly a lot of forums with threads EXACTLY like this and no solution.

Maybe the amazing Renshaw has found a clue... ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=crashing+ie+uk.hosting.adjug.com&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-beta

---------- Post added at 1:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:27 PM ----------

Right, I've blocked adverts from "uk.hosting.adjug.com" from displaying.

That should help..... Feedback, please!

Deffo the add's Andi - again on my work PC it's fast, IE8, but if I switch onto my broadband PC it's tedious...

Every page you click on freezes as it loads one add, then again for another with the mouse pointer just going round. This is using IE9 or Chrome (without Add blockers) on Eclipse Broadband - which is fast and other sites are ok, same issues at home until I installed add-block for Chrome.

Edited by Supercharged