jaded2882

Blackberry VR6 Turbo 4WD- now for sale £7,800

Well, I can't quite believe this is sitting on my drive as I type this. I picked the car up from Oz last night. Top bloke, and I was sad to be taking it from him, but will be nice to see the other blackberry get the attention he wants to give it. He was upfront about everything, gave me loads of time and even had the car cleaned top to bottom and filled up with super unleaded!

The car itself is mind blowing. I took the first 10 miles or so to get used to the pedals. The brake pedal has a fair bit of play before it kicks in, the accelerator is VERY quick to engage and the clutch is quite stiff- I managed to do some rocket launches from the traffic lights without even wanting to! After a cruise along the motorway I started to have a bit of a play. I was surprised at how quiet it is compared to my G60- just a deep rumble and a bit of a whirr from the rear diff. dropping the accelerator at 70mph in 5th gives a nice smooth push of power and the sound as the boost builds is gorgeous! It doesn't 'kick' quite like the G60 in the lower revs, but as I soon found out, if you want to do that you can drop a gear and prepare to go into warp speed! Once I was on the A roads, I felt the force of the 4wd as I came off a few roundabouts with a stab on the gas. I also tried a 'full on' launch from some traffic lights on the A5 and literally burst out laughing, I must have looked like a total nutter!

I shocked a few expensive motors along the way, and never really tested it to it's limit. I can't believe it's only running 310bhp at the moment- I think it will be a long time till I want the full 470!! Unfortunately Oz showed me the 'naughty switch' in the engine bay that turns the boost up, so the temptation will be there in the future....

There's so much I could write about this car, but I had better leave it there till I've got some pics and videos. I need to get all the dead insects off from the journey home first! In the meantime, here's the article from Golf+ in 2004 about the car, kindly provided by Oz in a nicely prepared history folder.

I am also delighted that the G60 is going to my mate who first got me into Corrados. He had a G40 when I first knew him, and it sadly got written off driving at 5mph over a ground anchor at work! He's been pining for some superchaging since and I'm glad I will get to see plenty of it again.

I keep saying it but I really will try and get to some shows- towards the end of Aug/early Sept I will have some free weekends.

Edited by jaded2882

Congrats. I love how my Golf feels so sure footed with 4wd. I can only imagine how great it must feel in a turbo'd Corrado. Enjoy :)

You described it well there, effortless speed is what these things are all about. 4wd is a very good thing to have.

Nice to see its still in the corrado family. I had my fingers crossed I would win the lotto in time but didnt work :D

Very Jealouse I must say

Edited by Swompy

Glad you enjoyed your first drive home....On a personal note I remember when our Oz let me have a go when he first had her....Bloody thing jarred my back from the ferocity of the acceleration.

Oz was going to have 'The Beast' at Tatton Park as per ad on PH, so you are going to have to take it there.

And fair do's to my big bro, there are not many people who would fill a car up with superunleaded when they had sold it.

Anyway all the best and if you ever see a Blue Audi A4 Avant giving you a flash around Shrewsbury it will more than likely be me on my weekly commute from N.Wales to Hereford.

Nice start to a thread Matt. Glad you enjoyed your journey home, it's funny not seeing it on the drive but as discussed I am so glad it has gone to a very nice chap. When did you first blat passed Isla then..........The bhp, torque might be more than the dyno printout but even on rollers you just never know how accurate they are going to read. Its personal and as you have found out on your journey home there is more than enough to keep you happy at present. On hard acceleration it can pull a muscle :-)

Thanks, nice to see my G60 in there with it too!

---------- Post added at 6:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:01 PM ----------

Nice to see its still in the corrado family. I had my fingers crossed I would win the lotto in time but didnt work :D

Very Jealouse I must say

I know you never got a ride in this- collar me next time you see me and I promise I will take you for a spin!

---------- Post added at 6:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:02 PM ----------

Nice start to a thread Matt. Glad you enjoyed your journey home, it's funny not seeing it on the drive but as discussed I am so glad it has gone to a very nice chap. When did you first blat passed Isla then..........The bhp, torque might be more than the dyno printout but even on rollers you just never know how accurate they are going to read. Its personal and as you have found out on your journey home there is more than enough to keep you happy at present. On hard acceleration it can pull a muscle :-)

Well, the sat nav was going nuts so I had to follow her down loads of dead ends and eventually we found the dual carriageway. I tried to be restrained but after a few minutes a chavvy Starlet with a big exhaust came farting past us, so I had to 'VRT' him!!! It would be rude not to...

I took Isla out in it when we got home. It went something like this as we approached the A5...

'Wow, it sounds quite different to the G60' (cruising)... 'Arrr What's that noise?!' (as the turbo spools up) 'Nooo, Stop it!! I don't like it!!! AAARRRGHHH!!!' (grabs side of seat and closes eyes)

Hehe!

Tonight would have been the first chance I had to have a long look round it and get some nice photos, but it's pouring with rain, so will have to wait. Might take it to my favourite 'testing place' in the middle of rural Shropshire at the weekend and get some videos :)

Edited by jaded2882

Well, the sat nav was going nuts so I had to follow her down loads of dead ends and eventually we found the dual carriageway. I tried to be restrained but after a few minutes a chavvy Starlet with a big exhaust came farting past us, so I had to 'VRT' him!!! It would be rude not to...

I took Isla out in it when we got home. It went something like this as we approached the A5...

'Wow, it sounds quite different to the G60' (cruising)... 'Arrr What's that noise?!' (as the turbo spools up) 'Nooo, Stop it!! I don't like it!!! AAARRRGHHH!!!' (grabs side of seat and closes eyes)

Hehe!

Tonight would have been the first chance I had to have a long look round it and get some nice photos, but it's pouring with rain, so will have to wait. Might take it to my favourite 'testing place' in the middle of rural Shropshire at the weekend and get some videos :)

My last show was at bodelwyddan and our kid brother told me that Sarah (wife) hadn't been in the car so I took her for a blat down the road and she came out with lots of Ok Ok Ok slow down; thanks it's fast

Edited by ozowen

Well done, Matt- incredible car! 8)

What's the insurance like compared to the G?

hopefully a lot dearer than what he told me..................;-0 I was a bit gutted 42 and it cost me a few hundred more than what he said "who said favour benefits the old"

Well I'm paying about 160 more than the G60 based on the info I gave them. However, I got the feeling she was just ticking boxes on a pre-populated form and didn't really get the full picture of how much the bits on this car are worth. I did give them the current power though, so they can't say they didn't know how fast it is. I reckon once I fill out the modified car report and the rest of the paperwork in detail they might get back to me :(

Well I'm paying about 160 more than the G60 based on the info I gave them. However, I got the feeling she was just ticking boxes on a pre-populated form and didn't really get the full picture of how much the bits on this car are worth. I did give them the current power though, so they can't say they didn't know how fast it is. I reckon once I fill out the modified car report and the rest of the paperwork in detail they might get back to me :(

Cheers easy!!!!!............ I don't want you to have it cheap :-) are you able to make Tatton...............do you know I will be a serial storker!!!!!!

I've managed to be very restrained so far and only drive it once or twice a week! I'm getting a bit more used to it now but it still feels special each time I get into the driving seat.

It does occassionally cut out when I dip the clutch when coming to a stop, usually after a blast. It's fairly easy to avoid this by feathering the throttle a bit but I will have it looked at when it gets MOT and service in September, as I don't want it cutting out on a track! I'm also getting an uprated headlight loom. I was supposed to be selling the wheels (request from Isla after spending some of our house deposit on the car :s ) But the first thing she said when she saw the car was 'those wheels are gorgeous!' and she hasn't mentioned selling them since.. shhhhhh!

We have had an offer on a house accepted and I'm sad to say there isn't a garage- but there is a load of room for a car port, so coupled with the car cover, I'm hoping that will keep it safe and dry.

It will be going to Castle Coombe in a few weeks so hopefully see some of you there.

Can't wait to see the Ribena beast in the flesh , really intrested to how the syncro system is installed have been offered a golf syncro but don't have the heart to chop it for a project though.

Will see you at Castle Coombe, I'll be on the Golf stand but will definately come over and say hello.......

Was there last year with Oz, I have told him you're going so he should hopefully be there aswell......

ps: Good news on keeping the wheels, the car just looks so right with them.

Ok, so it stopped raining for half an hour and I got some pics. I think most people know what the car as a whole looks like, so I tried to get some of the gadgets and clever bits:

Hey Matt, could you do me a favor when you get some time and take some pics of how the running gear is fitted. How its connected to the floor, how the rear drive train is set up ect just so I can get an idea of how its fitted.

Cheers dude