Langsam

1.8 16v rev'in erratically.

Hiya, just wondering if someone can help me out as I'm abit of a noob a round Corrados. I've just done a service and found that after doing this the car seems to idle just under 1,000 and then will rev upto 2,000 then drop to just under 600 then pick up again completely on its own. The only things I've not replaced yet in the service is the fuel filter (I've not replaced it yet as there's still half a tank of petrol to use up). I've also noticed on a few of the fuel injector lines fitted to my valver from the metering head to the injectors, the rubber has started to perish and split just before the banjo fitting for the injector.

Are these hardlines with just a rubber sleeve over them or should I get replacments?

Could one of these problems be making my valver rev erractically?

Cheers for any info

I expect whilst changing the air filter, you've disturbed one of the vac lines. Have a look round the airbox and see if there's anything amiss, and trace all the pipes checking for air leaks. The injector lines are indeed hard lines, so I don't think this will be anything to do with your problem mate. Hope this helps. :D

Just re-read it, sorry if I've given you duff info, the injector lines from the metering head are rubber until they reach the hard lines just after bending. They are then hard lines into the injectors. I don't think this will be your problem though, as If I'm reading it right again, you only developed the problem after giving it the service, is that right?

To be honest before I did the service I did drag the car out of a 13month slumber so it was running like a tractor. So I can't really say if the strange rev'in was there before. Although when I did drive the car yesterday it wasn't so it was only fluctuating below 1,000 to 1,500. I would prefer to replace the fuel lines or at least trim them some how, is it just a case of pullin the fuel line off the fitting and trimming the rubber hose?

Where is the idle control valve positioned and also will I be able to get it from a motor factors?

Cheers.

You could try cleaning out your ISV with carb cleaner, might help.

I think the idle valve on a 16v is on the nearside of the engine (The right hand side, if you're looking at the engine with the bonnet up)

I think the dealers charge about £250 for the valve...

They popup on ebay every now and again, although buying second hand is not really a great idea, as they'll probably be just as old as your own.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=corrado+16v+idle+valve&_sacat=0&_odkw=corrado+16v+isv&_osacat=0&_from=R40

There's actually one on ebay for £955!! :lol:

Here's some links to people with similar problems:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=f&oq=site%3acorrado-forum.net+%2bisv+%2bproblem&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4PRFB_enGB465GB465&q=site%3acorrado-forum.net+%2bisv+%2bproblem&gs_upl=0l0l1l623422lllllllllll0#hl=en&rlz=1T4PRFB_enGB465GB465&sclient=psy-ab&q=site:the-corrado.net+%2Bisv+%2Bproblem&oq=site:the-corrado.net+%2Bisv+%2Bproblem&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=serp.3...11374.11374.0.12244.1.1.0.0.0.0.202.202.2-1.1.0...0.0.v-72dIfacaI&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=45b1a37402de4028&biw=1680&bih=871

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=f&oq=site%3acorrado-forum.net+%2bisv+%2bproblem&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4PRFB_enGB465GB465&q=site%3acorrado-forum.net+%2bisv+%2bproblem&gs_upl=0l0l1l623422lllllllllll0#hl=en&rlz=1T4PRFB_enGB465GB465&sclient=psy-ab&q=site:the-corrado.net+%2Bidle+%2Bproblem&oq=site:the-corrado.net+%2Bidle+%2Bproblem&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_l=serp.3...2658.3390.0.4051.5.5.0.0.0.3.289.1123.0j2j3.5.0...0.0.sCH54OMzkiE&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=45b1a37402de4028&biw=1680&bih=871

Cheers Joebloggsv69 just the info I needed. I'll try some carb cleaner onit, I don't really wonna fork out 250 for one or like you said a 2nd hand one either.

What can I do about my fuel lines problem?