john46

Corrado vr6 auto to manual conversion help help !!!!!

HI im new on here im converting my corrado vr6 storm auto to manual i have put the manuel box in and put it back together and now it wont start if i plug the inhibritor switch back in to the loom it will turn over but not start:bonk:. Has anyone on here done the conversion ??? because i would really would love some help so i can get my corrado going again Cheers

a few questions i would love answers to

1 do we leave the auto gearbox ecu plugged in

2 what do we do with the plug of throttle cable for kick down

3 will the main ecu reconise the manual box being

4 should the car of ran with no electrical changes

5 it does has the factory fitted alarm could the imobiliser be an issue

thanks guys

1. no, remove the auto ecu

2. Nothing, it is redundant now

3. yes, same ecu being used

4. you need to rewire the starter ecu - have a look on my thread i mentioned it, but just cant remember it now tbh!

5. some slight rewiring - again have a look on my thread, most answers are there, including wiring in your reverse light.

hi would like to thank storm for a great write up on the conversion, with work and our great british weather not had chance to do much ,,,but i am a little lost with what u do with the starter wire you cut from the scrappy !!!!!!! and when cutting the red and black wire from number 8 on relay 150 do i leave the small red and black wire at the relay

If you've still got the plastic plate that goes around the auto shifter and it's in good condition I could really do with one ;)

If you've still got the plastic plate that goes around the auto shifter and it's in good condition I could really do with one ;)

mate let me get my car running first and ill see if i can find thanks

hi just an update i`ve done the wiring apart from speed sensor and reverce wires,,,as i understand it the car should still start without this being done help anyone !!!!!! that aside now i have a no start had another ecu, coil pack and leads,cam sensor, !!!!!! from a working corrado ,, i have spark and fuel i do have a few things to try but just wondered if anyone had any idears and could call a hold on the rain ,,i should all so point out the timming chains and tensioners were done not by me but someone with 30+ years in the motor trade just giving all the imformation i can just incase it helps i hope ,,,, auto gearbox wiring still in car with ecu unpluged

reverse lights are easy, just wire up the grey and blue 0.5mm wires from the relay 150 to the reverse light switch on the gearbox. The switch is under the black plastic cover by the shift weight.

When you say no start, have you de-immobilised the car from the fob? What happens when you turn they key? Does the coolant pump stop? Any relays click? I assume the dash lights come on?

Engine speed sensor - you will have to extend the wires by about 20cm iirc. Have a look on my thread, i cant remember exactly what i did, i'm afraid.

thanks for reply :::: car has vw alarm fitted to car with so nothing on key fob,will have to check what water pumps doing ,the cars turns over but will not fire up and no clicking from relays and yes have all dash lights,scanned for codes only came up with wheel speed sensor which i erased,,, the speed sensor wire went stright on with no stretching of the wire this is the back plug front one being reverce !!!!!!! bit puzzled there

how did you check for a spark? Easiest is to pull a lead and hold it to the engine block when you're cranking the engine - apark should jump across. Do you have fuel to the fuel rail? Is the FPR allowing fuel to come through? Check the return pipe on the fuel rail. If you ahve fuel and spark it SHOULD start, so either one or the other is not there.

It could also be your ecu relay 109 which is causing the injectors to stay closed - so you will have fuel to the rail on both feed and return but nothing to the injectors. Remove 109 and bridge the connections with a fly lead with two spades on it.

Let us know how you get on.

pulled number 1 lead off plug in the end and put it to the block,yes fuel at the rail undid small allen key loads of pressure there,,relay 109 has 4 connnection numbered 30 ,85 ,87 with the fourt un- numbered ,which to do i bribge please

---------- Post added at 8:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:17 PM ----------

hi sorry for spelling the cat walked over keyboard well thats my excuse any way !!! im guessing its 30 and 87 that i have to bridge

have a look at the wiring diagram on the relay cover - you need to bridge the contacts that are closed when the solenoid is powered up, the diagram will make it clear. amke sure you disconnect the bridge when you're done though!

hi bridged relay 109 it started i thought great it only ran for a few seconds so put a working relay in didnt want to leave the bridging wire in it would not start agian relay worked pump till pushed all the way in ,,by chance i scanned for codes came up with alarm blocking start cleared the code came bk h`mmmmmmmm :bonk: