carrots

jom coilover reviews

hi my rear spring has broke so ive looked at buying a set of springs and looked at coilovers.i can get a set of jom coilovers for £165 off ebay or a set of lemfoder springs for about £100.i dont realy want to spend a fortune on springs or coilovers.so has anyone got anything good to say about jom coilovers

I have had them on my mk3 golf and have them on my G60 now, for the price they are well worth it, I am saving for some better quality ones, but I don't see it being worth it right now.

but I have had them both wound down quite far. if they were raised, they could be crashy? but wound down they are fine, albeit a bit bumpy.

i only want about 40mm down

---------- Post added at 8:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:00 PM ----------

also do i need new top mounts for the rear or dont you fit them with coilovers

At the very least I'd use Febi ones, but preferably new ones from VW.

I have JOMs fitted - they fit fine, only issue is that the same kit is sold for many different cars (Mk3, Polo, various Seats) and the springs are a bit weedy for a VR lump. They work well enough but creak a lot and make sproing noises if you corner aggressively :lol:

Cheap as chips though, I'll be keeping them for a fair while!

Stone

ive orderd some and some rear top mounts.ive already got new front top mounts.do you coat the coilovers in anything to protect them.i thought of wax oil once ive set them to the height i want

You could do, mine are still fine though. A light coat of WD40 to protect the threads and stop them seizing up is a good idea, just reapply whenever you change the ride height.

Be aware the blue coating on the springs is crap! Mine's virtually all cracked away after less than a year on the car - doesn't affect perfomance at all, just looks untidy. Maybe give them a coat of plastidip?

Stone