LRWMotorsport

Front Cross Member Same as MK2 Golf?

Morning All,

Does anyone know if a MK2 Golf front cross member and a VR6 Rado member are interchangeable?

If they are close but not the same could a MK2 one be "modified" to fit?

Thanks

Luke

Sorry my wording is a little poor here, I was referring to the front cross member/front engine mount where you referring to this one too or the rear g/box mount/subframe where the wishbones mount?

no offense, but they're nothing alike if you're referring to where the front engine mount is? 4-pot mount is like a hockey puck, 6-por front mount is more like a pot shape (and has a big circular hollow section

If you're talking about the main section which the wishbones fix onto is more commonly known as the subframe (at least by me!)

then the panel that supports the radiator I call the radiator support panel :D

a few seconds on google:

2011-07-26141731.jpg

VR6 front member

85424703.jpg

8v/16v front member - identical to the Mk2 golf item as shown by my early Corrado which had a cross member with 191 xxx xxx part number on it.

Hope this helps,

Jon.

Hi Jon,

Thanks very much, just what I was looking for.

I call the section where the wishbones etc bolt up the sub-frame too.

Thanks very much.

The subframe is not the same as a MK2 at all - it's similar but the Corrado has an extra mounting point on it where it bolts to the chassis...

you could use a mk2 frame on a C - the 2 differences are no vibration mount (big square block) on the Golf subframe, and also the extra fixing points after the ARB bush brackets aren't there on the Golf subframe. The frame would fit on a Corrado, whether you would notice the lack of the NVH-style damping or the extra support at the back of the subframe I have no idea.