Topcat147

Alloy wheel suitability!?!?

Hi,

Can anyone help me?

I have just bought my first ever Corrado, so you can imagine the thrill and excitement!

What im wondering is if anyone can share details of what type of alloy wheel is suitable?

I have a 1993 2.0 16v model with 4 x 100 PCD, but what is the best offset for this car and what about spigot size?

Thanks in advance,

Newbie Nige, aka Topcat147

Welcome mate

Centre bore is 57.1 on all models

Im pretty sure the standard et is around 43 will have to double check . you will be ok down yo about et 20 on the front and about the same on the back just as a guide

Id stick with 16" max but people do run 17" i think the 16" are a good compromise

i agree with the above mate, i wouldn't go any more than 16" inch. i have seen allot of people put big wheels on corrado's and tbh they just look NAFF (IMO), the shape and design of the car just doesn't suite big wheels.. plus with smaller wheels u can achieve more lows! i would recommend 15-16's dependant on your modifying ideas for the future... also stud patterns dont really matter to much, as in todays market there are so many wheels adaptors and spacers of so many varieties, u can almost make any wheel fit any car (within reason) so just shop about and see what u like the look of, everyone's taste is different!

Im running Staggered Porsche Cups @ 7J x 50et on the front & 9J x 70et at the rear, on 40mm spacers/ adaptors going from 5x100 pcd to 5x130. put few pics from the other day below.....

IMG-20120512-00091-1.jpg

IMG-20120512-00094-1.jpg

IMG-20120512-00090-1.jpg

IMO the fitment is better than i could of imagined, sit plush all round with a great "PHAT" look at the rear, had to stretch the tyres somewhat on the back to they dont scrape but thats only due to my choice of ride height. Overall in my eyes i got achieved perfect fitment.

Hope i helped u out mate! keep us in touch on what your thinking! and post some pics up of styles ur considering! im MORE than sure everyone on here will happily give you opinions and advice, good or bad!

all the best!

Edited by EJ Taylor

Great stuff, thanks for your help and advice!

I had 16's in mind anyway, so that fits in well with what you've said.

Exactly the info I was after, so thanks again, I'll get some photos uploaded soon.

Liking your projects!

just some information on wheels i fitted 17 in x et35 / 7.5 on front and 8.5 on the back the back fitted ok but the fronr needed 12mm spacers to clear the brake calaper tho my car is a 95 vr6 i think thats why i needed specers,