dumptyboy

ABS Light wiring loom, late corrado.

As title. Does anyone have a late wiring loom for the dash ABS light?

Cheers. Rob.

Still looking........ Its the cable that is connected into the back of the ABS dash light, and goes back to the fuse board. Im sure a few of you will have one kicking around?

Please help. :) Cheers.

Rob.

i may have one but will need it to stop raining before i can get to see and get it out for you hopefully tomorrow or monday eve if the weather holds up

Hi Rob,

Could you do me a favour and post photos of the loom once you receive it. I'm missing a bit of mine from the wires that come through the bulkhead but over toward the driver's side (so not going through to the relays behind the glovebox). Means my system is not working and the light stays on.

Thanks,

Dave

Still looking........ Its the cable that is connected into the back of the ABS dash light, and goes back to the fuse board. Im sure a few of you will have one kicking around?

Please help. :) Cheers.

Rob.

Hi Dave. I currently have the dash out in my VR6 and all of the wiring is exposed, so I can take some pictures if you like once the ABS loom is in. Ive had to replace the complete loom in the dash as all of mine was fried. So I have a pretty good idea of where everything needs to go. Ive also had to adapt an early wiring loom to fit my later car, that was quite interesting mainly because all of the connections are different! So I had to remove the connections inside the connector blocks and refit them into the new loom.

I'll send you over whatever info you need once ive fitted the ABS loom, hoefully by the end of this week if thats any good to you mate?

Rob.

Hi Rob,

That would be great thanks. I had a different issue but with similar consequences to you; car was left up for a while and someone chopped the Clifford alarm out. In doing this they took the fuse box, but chopped the connector off every bit of wire they could find. Luckily had a spare loom, but decided to solder the ends back on rather than re-route another loom. Seemed like the right thing to do and nearly everything works except the windscreen washer motor, the indicator warning lights on the clocks and the ABS.

Dave

Dave, that sounds exactly like the situation I had! I bought the car spares/repair off ebay as it had an electrical fault apparently. Once I got it home I found there was cables all over the place sticking out of the dash, and also it had a Clifford alarm. The car would turn over but not start, so I decided to do a complete rewire and remove the dash to see the extent of the damage/problem. Someone had cut the main wiring for the Clifford alarm and the stereo wiring had melted, aswell as the ignition wiring chopped to bits!! I removed the Clifford alarm and a bag full of wiring for the aftermarket stereo system fitted, and basically removed any wiring that was not original.

Obviously with the dash out it is alot easier to see whats there, and this is where i decided a completely new dash loom was required as the wiring was so badly chopped/burnt/cut that it was a suprised the car had not gone up in flames!

To do a proper job you need to remove the dash, it is suprisingly easy to remove and once the wiring is sorted you will sleep alot better knowing it all works and that your car wont end up on fire due to dodgy electrics.

My electric windows now works as well as full closure, the instrument cluster works, the heater controls, indicators and the wipers and non of these worked before the new loom.

Its well worth doing the job properly once and then enjoying the car for good.

Will speak to you soon mate.

Hi mate is this what your after from a l reg vr

Damn phone can't upload pic will do when on computer

---------- Post added at 5:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:34 PM ----------

for some reason I cannot post the pic if you could pm me your email mate i'll email it to you