carrots

new coilovers creaking

hi fitted my rear jom coilovers today with new top mounts,all went well untill i went for a test drive.they creak a lot is this normal untill they bed in ,ive never had coilovers before.they are set a bit to high at the mo but i was going to drive it around a bit to see if they settle.i couldnt do the front as i need to borrow an impact gun to undo the top nut

I've got Joms. The rears creak.....they're cheap.....as they say, you get what you pay for :)

Sent from my HTC One X

Dont know if there is much you can do really. See if it gets better with some time.

Sent from my HTC One X

I've got FK conigsport coilovers on the new one and the rears creak a lot- it doesn't bother me a great deal but would be interested to know if there's a way to quiet them a bit?

Could try spraying chain wax on. I've got my KW's coated in it to keep the threads clean

yer i thought it could of been everything dry and new so maybe a bit of lub could help.whats that chain wax like,a white grease

First time I changed suspension it creaked.

Since then I use copper grease on all the parts and no creaking. Alot of it was the top mount bush against the suspension turrent.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Dont know if there is much you can do really. See if it gets better with some time.

It won't. ;) I might give some grease a go myself, I've been getting a lot of creaking when stopped as the engine vibrations get into them...

Stone