Jim

For Sale: Seiko Solar Quartz Watch

Hi all.. have the following for sale!

Seiko SNE095P2 Solar Quartz. I bought this only a few months ago at £125 as an impulse buy. I subsequently stuck a NATO strap on it (as pictured) but have kept the original which will be included. As you can see it's boxed with all manuals, receipt, etc. Great all round daily watch but I have several other which are just not getting enough use, and which I prefer so this needs to go.

It's in virtually as new condition as you would hope :)

£85 posted!

dscf0495t.jpg

dscf0496ou.jpg

Cheers.

The NATO is the one it's pictured wearing, and the one in the bag is the original one it came with - a sort of green canvas jobbie :)

If you're interested in the watch I am happy to swap it back to the other strap prior to sending :)

Ello mate.. it's quite a nice small watch to suit my girly wrists - 40mm including the crown I think.. :)

Hehe cheers matey, that was my concern, what with my chicken wrists an' all!

Will have a think :)

I think is a 37 or 38. Not too big at all, I wear a 41mm Speedmaster Pro and have the wrists of an 80 year old woman.

I like it, esp on the NATO. got a black grey NATO which I interchange with the bracelet.

A Speedmaster Professional is one of the reasons why this needs to make way too ;)

A Speedmaster Professional is one of the reasons why this needs to make way too ;)

It's a great watch, had mine 4 years Use it daily with no service and it's still spot on (touch wood).

Would love another zenith el Primero, I have a 1969 series 1, but can't afford it at the moment as I'm saving to get the vx220 supercharged over the winter.

It's a great watch, had mine 4 years Use it daily with no service and it's still spot on (touch wood).

Would love another zenith el Primero, I have a 1969 series 1, but can't afford it at the moment as I'm saving to get the vx220 supercharged over the winter.

I bought mine a few months ago after hankering after one for quite a few years. I ended up buying pre-owned and got an early 90's one in great overall condition on a bracelet, but after buying it found it was running too fast (45 seconds a day!) - sent it off to Genesis Watchmaking which proved to be an excellent decision. The level of customer service I received from the owner was like nothing I've ever experienced, with very prompt replies to emails and clear explanations about the work that needed to be undertaken, pictures of the movement, etc. The guy is an absolute legend and is very highly regarded on TZ-UK. Based on that experience, I then sent off to him a 100 year old Waltham pocket watch which was a gift from my grandad (who passed away around 10 years ago) - it's never worked in the time I owned it but he serviced it and returned to service.. it was quite special getting it back and hearing it running for the first time :)

I bet, that's a great story.

The guys at TZ are almost always brilliant, it's a great site. Only downside with it s that because everyone knows what stuff is worth, bargains are harder to come by.

I bough my zenith and a zodiac off there with no hassle.

Hi, if VR6 will decide not to buy I will buy it off you Jim.

Been tempted for a while and decided to also show interest. It's a nice watch :)

Hi, if VR6 will decide not to buy I will buy it off you Jim.

Been tempted for a while and decided to also show interest. It's a nice watch :)

Excellent :) Well no word from VR6 for a few days... I'll give him till later this evening and then drop you a PM with some payment details :)

The guys at TZ are almost always brilliant, it's a great site. Only downside with it s that because everyone knows what stuff is worth, bargains are harder to come by.

I bough my zenith and a zodiac off there with no hassle.

I'm not sure - some good deals do come up. A chap sold a very clean Speedmaster Automatic for £550 the other day which just needed a small repair job doing on it (which he'd been quoted for and wasn't very much) and other good deals do seem to come up a fair bit! There just seems to be a lot of people who get very excited over Rolex stuff on there and they don't do a great deal for me. Well.. I think they might, but not with what they cost these days!

Edited by Jim

Very tempted but I think I'll pass thanks Jim. Got some money to spend on the Golf at the moment so that's going to take preference I'm afraid :(

Can second the reliability of Omega watches. I've had my Seamaster Pro 10 years. It's been serviced once and keeps perfect time still. I don't like the Speedmaster. Imo it has a messy face which isn't as handsome as the classic Seamaster :D

Can second the reliability of Omega watches. I've had my Seamaster Pro 10 years. It's been serviced once and keeps perfect time still. I don't like the Speedmaster. Imo it has a messy face which isn't as handsome as the classic Seamaster :D

I have to disagree (naturally!) :)

Taste is a subjective thing. I think the amount of time that the Speedmaster has been made (late 50's to the present day) whilst remaining largely unchanged cosmetically, shows that it's an absolutely brilliant piece of design and styling which still looks good today and probably will for another 50 years! :)

I think the reduced auto's and some of the models with additional complications such as moonphase and so forth are very busy but the original is a design classic.

I love my Seamaster ... and my next addition will be a Speedmaster, so I agree with both points of view! :)

Omega price rise is about to happen.. the Speedmaster Professional will now RRP at over £3,000 which is insanity.. :|

When I bought my pro new I was looking at it vs a Submariner green 50th edition. Rolex was more money but I didn't mind and went on merit.

Even the girl in the jewellers said she preferred the omega. What I like about Guthrie it's timeless and not a fashion piece, plus it has a story to tell.

Apart from the El primero or a 72 universal space compax it's my favorite watch.

Nope, the Speedmaster Auto is butt ugly, sorry :D The Chrono is far more handsome :D

Yeah - as I say, not as much of a fan of the auto. The Professional (the bog standard, classic, moon watch chronograph) just is not ugly.. :)

speedie.jpg