easypops

Mk3 VR6 compatability?

Hi,

I have had a look but cant seem to narrow down the search enough to answer my questions :)

But i'm sure one(or more) of you knowledgeable guys will have the info :)

I have just bought a really rough 5 door mk3 vr6 to rob the obd2 stuff off, it has some serious rust so is in no way worth fixing.

So my question is. What bits can i keep/use that will fit the corrado? I know the brakes will fit as i already have the 288mm upgrade on mine, so what else? Subframe? Suspension? Anything?

Cheers

Martin :)

Rear beam, front bearing carriers, front and rear calipers (although rears not up to much!), front wishbones, front arb, drive shafts. Front subframe will fit with slight modifications too. Central locking pump, ABS system would be a good catch too! Quite a lot if interchangeable items tbh!

Cheers Tom,

Interesting one on the ABS as mine doesn't work :)

Also it has air con but even if it could swap over, i'm not sure it would be worth the hassle?

If it's OBD2 then the ABS should be the later Teves 20 system....not easy to fit to the Corrado but I did it to the TDi and in my opinion its well worth doing! Aircon should be relatively easy to fit, you'd have to get the heater box out to fit the ABS anyway :-)