max west-yorks

How to wire alpine components (inline crossover)

Hi,

Recently picked up some alpine SXE-1350S components which have inline crossovers/bassblockers on the tweeter wiring that comes with/attached to them

My question is how would I wire this into the standard corrado speaker wiring, from looking at it with the door card off and speakers out there are 2 plugs/connectors in the tweets and 1 to the door speaker, is it connected from tweeter to door speaker?

My main question is can I just cut into the wiring above the OEM plugs and attach that to my new door speakers, and how do I work around the 2 plugs in the tweeters?

(Before anyone says I've tried searching but most of the info related to speakers and wiring is in the archive which whenever I try to access I get blocked or get a 'page cannot be found' sort of message..)

Thanks,

Max

Basically one of the plugs that is on the tweeter is the input from the headunit (distinguish it by unplugging one of the plugs and if music stops on both the tweeter and door speaker) then thats your input wire.

The other plug on the tweeter just takes the signal from the tweeter down to the door speaker

So wiring you cut the plug off the input wire at the tweeter end and extend the wiring down and connect into the input on the crossover, you should then extend the wiring for the tweeter and door speaker and connect to the respective connections on your crossover

Thanks for the reply, but I dont have a crossover with my components Ive read there there is an inline crossover built in so nothing but high freqs go to the tweeters, the tweeter comes with spade connections that fit the door speaker and two spades coming off the same line of wire so I guess Im just looking to connect the original loom onto the two spades not attached to the door speaker?

that said the pair of spade connections and spades are really close together and the tweeter is on the other end of the length of wire so would it be a case of getting some speaker wire to run from the original connection at the tweeter to meet the new connection near the door speaker?

if you cant picture what I mean this is the closest I could find to explain!

http://www.schillaci.it/493-545-thickbox/alpine-sxe-1350s.jpg

Thanks,

Max

Yeah thats what id do, so basically your connecting the speaker up as they are now. INPUT > TWEETER > DOOR SPEAKER

Okay thanks pal, best to get a second opinion before I went diving into it ha

I'll give it a bash this weekend when I can be bothered taking the doorcards off again!