OllieVR6

Fitting 6" speakers

Right, a friend of mine has very kindly given me his audio install as a birthday present as he was removing it from his car prior to trading it in.

It comes with Vibe 6" components and a Vibe amp plus all necessary wiring.

I know most people will suggest audioscape pods but they are rare, expensive and don't get around the problem of the speakers not being secured to the door.

I'm thinking of making some mdf rings to secure them to the door but I'm wondering how much modifying of the door card and pocket will be needed.

Any advice appreciated.

If your happy to have them sticking out with aftermarket grills I would think it would be easy just use self tapping screws and some dynamat or similar.

Fitting inside the pockets would be an in depth job...

If your happy to have them sticking out with aftermarket grills I would think it would be easy just use self tapping screws and some dynamat or similar.

Fitting inside the pockets would be an in depth job...

This is exactly what the previous owner of mine did. The speakers were screwed on from the outside and then aftermarket grills put on top. I was never happy with the result as they did look a bit stuck on. But they sounded great.

I now have Audioscapes. I'd really wanted them from the start. But in all honesty they annoy me a little because getting in and out of the car is more of a hassle (still wouldn't part with them due to rarity factor). Modifying your own is the way to go I think. But no idea how :D

if im honest a variety of companies make speakers in the standard 5.25" size, that will be a direct replacement, i recommend you sell them and buy some in the correct size that require no modification, JL Audio do a 5.25" in alot of there series, as do Alpine, Phoenix Gold, Hertz, MTX, would definitely recommend (if you want REAL sound quality) you stay away from the likes of Vibe, Fly, Fusion, Mutant etc...... upto you though.

EJ

Agree with EJ, I would swap for smaller and fit a small sub with the money left over to fill it out a bit. I use Alpine G series components and they have been fantastic for the money. Check my build thread for pics.