howlingvr6

Front Brake Caliper 95 VR

Bought a reconditioned caliper off GSF and the gap between the piston face and the opposite face which pushes on to the outer pad is 7mm too narrow which means I cant fit the caliper.The piston is fully pushed back.

I gave the reg number of the car to them when I bought it. Are there different calipers fitted to some VR's of this age ?

Will be phoning them tomorrow to get it sorted

Edited by howlingvr6

If you still have your old VR front caliper you can also do an exchange with VW dealership. Think it was 60 each on exchange with VW.

The old one is has now gone to GSF as a service exchange. Will have to get another thats the same as the offside, cant understand though why there is a 7mm difference in the recon one that I have

They've given you a 16V one, uses thinner pads...

GSF are useless, I'd try and get your old one back and get one from VW, they are exchange parts but brand new!

Thanks for that. I took the duff one back to gsf and had a refund. Went to the stealership and got the correct one for £68.99 with the old one as a swap and yes its brand new :-)