Sign in to follow this  
Captaincook

Does Any one have a Parts picture of the gear linkage

Sorry about the long title, but what im after is a break down of the parts that make up the gear linkage that is under the bonnet, like the ones they use at the dealer ships.

I need the linkage part that connects to the gear cable to the gear box and the weight on the top.

Thanks

nah, Nigel, you're wrong....

There's a big weight on top of the linkage which helps smooth out the gear changes... I know what you mean about the reverse light switch though... I just had to replace mine... :roll:

It's not shown on that diagram though...

Mod edit Change name from jim to Nigel.Mods editing mods :roll:

edit :oops: Sorry, I was dashing out for a curry so wrote it in a rush... :oops:

Thanks Nigel,

But mine looks nothing like that, it only has a couple of parts, the weight, the pin that goes holds the cable in place and another peice but im sure that is connected to the gear box.

What im looking for is the number of washers that go throught the central pin and there positions because mine feels very loose.

Im sure you noticed but just incase mines a 95 VR6.

Does anyone have the part number for the weight etc as i recal reading in another site ages ago the early cars didnt have these.mine is an H 1.8 16v-replaced the gear cable off another C bout two months ago and dont remember a weight.Theres another topic on this and wer looking for the part number.

Cheers Fraser

KARMANN, First thing I did when got my early 16v was fit the weight you refer to, does feel better on gearchanges now. VW should be able to identify the parts you need from their ETKA, it is listed / illustrated there. If you want PM me (as a reminder), and I'll send you a digi pic of the item fitted in about a weeks time, and look up the part no. if no one else has sorted you out by then. Would do it now but just about to go out the door....

Mark

No problem-il just wait til end of week and PM you.Do you remember how much it cost for the weight? i take it that it comes with attachments?

Cheers Fraser