Haribo

Door handle parts?

Just put standard door handles back on my corrado, unfortunately the handles I bought didn't come with barrels for me to re-tumble or the spring, C-clip and metal thing that goes on the end, I don't know the technical term for them but basically I'm missing all the bits that attach to the barrels as well as the barrels themselves.

anyway, anyone got some? I don't want to have a hole in my door handles for tooo long, I managed to pop the door open with a well placed spanner so I don't want anyone else working that out

I may have a couple of barrels & bits lying about in the garage. I'll have a look over the weekend & see if I can find them.

I may have a couple of barrels & bits lying about in the garage. I'll have a look over the weekend & see if I can find them.

Amazing! I was beginning to lose hope :p

I've got some of those parts but be aware that some of the parts are handed. Are you doing both handles?

I've got some of those parts but be aware that some of the parts are handed. Are you doing both handles?

Sorry, what do you mean by handed?

And yeh, both handles need barrels and everything that attaches to them inside.

Sorry, what do you mean by handed?

Some parts on the driver handle will be opposite hand on the pass handle. One won't fit the other.

Some parts on the driver handle will be opposite hand on the pass handle. One won't fit the other.

I see, well I need both sides ultimately but anything would be a start :)

I've definitely got a barrel you can have for nowt - removed and reused the one from my broken handle so it's just been sitting around. May have some of the other bits if I haven't emptied the bin recently! I'll have a look for you.

Be aware there's a wrong way of attaching the C-clip - if you have the centre of the clip pointed towards the front of the car, then it can work loose with only a couple of turns of the key. Mine escaped with a comedy clunk-rattle-rattle just as I had finished getting the door card back on and shut the door to admire my handiwork :lol: It's a right pain digging the bits out of the door (especially the spring, it's tiny and can get hooked up on the window mech so you have to root around for it) and quite upsetting when you've just spent ages lining the door card up just right...if the centre's pointing towards the back of the car then even if it works loose it can't ping off. Might save you some cursing :)

Stone

---------- Post added at 1:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:19 AM ----------

Update: I've found the spring and C-shaped bit that activates the locking arm for the driver's side. No c-clip but they're standard bits :) PM me your address and I'll pop them in the post.

I've definitely got a barrel you can have for nowt - removed and reused the one from my broken handle so it's just been sitting around. May have some of the other bits if I haven't emptied the bin recently! I'll have a look for you.

Be aware there's a wrong way of attaching the C-clip - if you have the centre of the clip pointed towards the front of the car, then it can work loose with only a couple of turns of the key. Mine escaped with a comedy clunk-rattle-rattle just as I had finished getting the door card back on and shut the door to admire my handiwork :lol: It's a right pain digging the bits out of the door (especially the spring, it's tiny and can get hooked up on the window mech so you have to root around for it) and quite upsetting when you've just spent ages lining the door card up just right...if the centre's pointing towards the back of the car then even if it works loose it can't ping off. Might save you some cursing :)

Stone

---------- Post added at 1:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:19 AM ----------

Update: I've found the spring and C-shaped bit that activates the locking arm for the driver's side. No c-clip but they're standard bits :) PM me your address and I'll pop them in the post.

Legend! well that's a start :D and thanks for the tips, il make sure I put it on the right way :p PM on the way.

Can you let me know which parts you are now missing. Cheers

I think I now need:

Passenger side: barrel, c-clip, spring and the main metal part that rotates with the barrel, also stone mentioned to me that there may be some metal plate too that I didnt know was there.

Drivers side: c-clip and the metal plate

I've never had full original corrado handles so I'm not familiar with the parts, so this is all a bit of a puzzle for me bu tI', being as accurate as I can be.

Harry

Hello bud, sorry this is looking more difficult than we thought to sort out!

Heres the info about how to tumble the locks, and also a thread about where to get spares.. dave16v had some according to that link, perhaps he'll advise on here if he still might?

Wiki article

Thread about parts

If you're signed into vagcat theres an etka link on there, it shows all the parts needed but also lists a repair kit?

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/COR/1995/76/56/848348/

Hello bud, sorry this is looking more difficult than we thought to sort out!

Heres the info about how to tumble the locks, and also a thread about where to get spares.. dave16v had some according to that link, perhaps he'll advise on here if he still might?

Wiki article

Thread about parts

If you're signed into vagcat theres an etka link on there, it shows all the parts needed but also lists a repair kit?

http://www.vagcat.com/epc/cat/vw/COR/1995/76/56/848348/

Nice one dude, I'll get there eventually :p

To clarify, to remove the barrel from the handle you first take off these four parts:

locks5.jpg

I've sent you the middle two along with the lock barrel. I found the leftmost piece in my door the other day but may have thrown it away as I didn't recognise it at the time...

Stone

To clarify, to remove the barrel from the handle you first take off these four parts:

locks5.jpg

I've sent you the middle two along with the lock barrel. I found the leftmost piece in my door the other day but may have thrown it away as I didn't recognise it at the time...

Stone

Ah ok, thanks! its good to be able to see what I need!

To clarify to others I now need all 4 of those parts for the passenger side and all but the middle two for the drivers side as well as one more barrel.

Also if any one has some tumbler bits. I need to retumble the barrels when I get them.

Glad it helped! I found the leftmost bit but half was snapped off so no good anyway. You can reuse the springs from my barrel if you're careful removing the wafers (and maybe a couple of the wafers if they match) but you can probably get a handful of wafers from your local independent VW place for a donation to their biscuit fund :)