max west-yorks

Decat query

Hi guys, done a quick search and couldn't find the info I'm after.

Basically I'm trying to find a decat pipe for my 94 VR but apparently milltek dont stock them anymore (according to MSW) can I use a decat pipe from a different car (perhaps the mk3 VR or a 1.8 rado) or does it have to be corrado VR specific?

If someone is selling one that would be even better :thumbleft:

Cheers,

Max

There are two different lengths of decat for the VR available AFAIK. Measure yours and take it from there. I think the Golf one is shorter, but not totally sure! Personally, I'd take it to Powerflow/Longlife or similar, then you will know it will be right ;)

Yes there are two sizes. The one on mine was the shorter one until I swapped the cat back on.

Err... you mean like this recent / active For Sale thread? :)

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?75511-VR6-various-bits-(alternator-steering-rack-decat-MAF-)-leftovers-from-conversion

I was waiting on his reply!

Thanks, its available so have requested some pics

There are two different lengths of decat for the VR available AFAIK. Measure yours and take it from there. I think the Golf one is shorter, but not totally sure! Personally, I'd take it to Powerflow/Longlife or similar, then you will know it will be right ;)

Its the 760mm one for the VR i think!

Yes there are two sizes. The one on mine was the shorter one until I swapped the cat back on.

Yeah I think I'll be buying the one from the above sale thread since I know its already been on a VR!

Thanks,

Max

Mk3 VR6 from equivalent age Golf won't fit, too short.

760mm IS the magic number as I had to have mine extended after going through all this first hand.