gti gadge

G60 co figure, have a read then talk to me

Just curious about the co-pot and the settings. I've been looking to get the car to a better state of tune due to some garage meddling and I am confused a little on why people are quoting the co value of 2%? Until just very recently I have been going of figures quoted online but on reading a copy of the passage in Bentley manual the figure is 0.7+/- 0.4 Where have people decided this 2.0%, where has is come from? Before this I set the co-pot on the bench to 460 and with a gas tester it is at 0.7% but the thing is I was aiming for 2% before the bentley passage turned up.

Interested in other peoples thoughts and experience on this side of things, only ever had one figure in mind until yesterday ha..ha..

Book figure is used with the BTS disconnected, idle of 800 rpm +/- 50 rpm and a dynamic timing at 2000-2500 rpm of 4-8 deg BTDC (I aim for 6 BTDC at 2250).

Only then should you be looking for a CO figure of 0.7 be used as at this point the ECU is in dumb mode and the lambda values are ignored.

Book figure is used with the BTS disconnected, idle of 800 rpm +/- 50 rpm and a dynamic timing at 2000-2500 rpm of 4-8 deg BTDC (I aim for 6 BTDC at 2250).

Only then should you be looking for a CO figure of 0.7 be used as at this point the ECU is in dumb mode and the lambda values are ignored.

I followed the book with the 3xrevs over 3k etc and it settles to this, just concerned its too weak. Rain stopped play so I'm going to start from scratch early doors this week. Thanks