Andy_Polo

First time Corrado owner

Hey guys im just about to step into the world of the Corrado with a nice clean a 2 litre 16v

Been driving a 1 litre Polo for the past 4 years so its going to be a hell of a step up!!

Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow morning :D

The plans are to get it on air and find some cool alloys (Not a fan of the BBS at are currently on it)

7665b760.jpg

Andy :)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :)

Collected the car this morning and all seemed well....until a ton of steam that smells like coolant started coming through the dash vents, so after doing a bit of homework on here it would seem the heater matrix is nackered (if im wrong please correct me)

Welcome matey the forum is in valuable don't ever worry it panic if something goes wrong ... Believe me the answer is here somewhere ... Great cars and great owners bbs look fine in my opinion .

Bones

Welcome matey the forum is in valuable don't ever worry it panic if something goes wrong ... Believe me the answer is here somewhere ... Great cars and great owners bbs look fine in my opinion .

Bones

yeah the forum is very very good, already found answers to a few questions i had. Being a complete noob im glad i googled corrado owners forum!

Collected the car this morning and all seemed well....until a ton of steam that smells like coolant started coming through the dash vents, so after doing a bit of homework on here it would seem the heater matrix is nackered (if im wrong please correct me)

I'd say your diagnosis is correct.

All I can say is enjoy!!

Hey guys im just about to step into the world of the Corrado with a nice clean a 2 litre 16v

Been driving a 1 litre Polo for the past 4 years so its going to be a hell of a step up!!

Cant wait to pick it up tomorrow morning :D

The plans are to get it on air and find some cool alloys (Not a fan of the BBS at are currently on it)

Andy :)

Welcome!

Best advise I could offer is get all the basics sorted before changing wheels/suspension etc. As you've already found out there can be a few surprises!

No point blowing funds on air and then realising theres rust or engine issues to sort!

Look forward to the updates.

Baz

my head gasket went 2 weeks after i brought mine. and i agree with mr bacon.... you sound like me, i had so many plans for how it looked when i brought it, yet my entire budget for air ride and wheels went on the engine and transmission, i think the thing to do is build yourself a sturdy platform i.e engine, brakes, chassis etc.... before your start building on it, if you follow me :)

welcome to the club mate.

I traded my 1 litre polo for the rado do I knew I wasn't getting a mint car. I think I've bought everything I need to get the car up to a reasonable standard

I think I've bought everything I need to get the car up to a reasonable standard

famous last words! ha, na it ent that bad i suppose, just gotta be prepared to prioritise ur car before um,.. ...... ... ....... ..... having a life, and u'll be fiiiiine! haha

Hi and welcome, I've done my heater matrix twice now, not a great job but doable with time and light.

ps when your done with those wheels, I'd be interested if 4 stud ;-)

Andy.