nipper09

coc uk

hi all

ive just joined the coc uk site

not a lot seems to be happening!!

are you lot all on there or just here?

thought the corrado scene would have been a lot busier!!

am i missing something?

cheers paul

The Corrado Forum (this place) is generally a lot busier day to day than the Corrado Club Forum - people are creatures of habit and this place was around for quite a long time before the CCGB got a forum sorted :)

There are other benefits to joining the club vs just being a corrado forum member however. The club has money which enables us to put on meets, subsidize ticket entry to a number of shows, and we have an events organiser specifically who books club stands for club members rather than just depending on a single forum member to charitably take responsibility for arranging a club stand...

But (and if I'm being frank here) don't expect instant gratification for your £10 - you will get some club magazines through the post but it really is down to you to make the most of your membership fee throughout the course of a year - such as coming to things like our National Day, etc (which unfortunately you have missed for this year!)

I dont' get on with the CCGB forum, loads too slow and tests my patience

I think the two should combine forces really, seems silly to have the two clubs.

Yeah Jim pretty much sums it up, there are advantages to being a member if you want to go to events and such and like any club you get out of it what you put in. :)

I dont' get on with the CCGB forum, loads too slow and tests my patience

I think the two should combine forces really, seems silly to have the two clubs.

Indeed. But it's not that simple sadly.

Logistically it'd be hard to put together, not to mention the simple fact that Andi owns The Corrado Forum and (as far as I know) has zero interest in aligning it with the CCGB in any way.