Benjevw

Noises!

Since I've been driving the C I've noticed a few noises from the engine bay.

The first is a nice little whistle when I put my foot down! My mates Saxo did it aswell but never knew what it was. Could be the bmc chuffin all that air?

Maybe not tho, any suggestions?

The second is a faint scratchy sorta noise. Can't hear it all the time. I think it's just when the cars hot but not quite sure.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Cheers

Ben

A VR? How's your water pump?

Mine started to leak and water got into the aux belt pulley. It whistled like a chavvy turbo when I put my foot down and I thought it was air escaping at first. May also explain the scratchy noise if the bearings are starting to go?

Only way to find out is open the bonnet and listen for where the sound is coming from.

Could be your exhaust is blowing slightly at the downpipe -> cat joint, had mine removed and refitted to change the shifter over and it made a similar whistle go away...

Stone

Yea well the exhaust does blow slightly at the suitcase . Hoping to get that fixed soon so hopefully it cures it. Doesn't really bother me as I've ha a few more weird noises recently :s

Cheers anyway stonejag.

P.s pretty much all of my mates have said they've seen your car through ampthill/flitwick. Still haven't passed you :(

Ben