Purple Tom

2.0 16V (9A) Engine, Gearbox, Loom, Ancillaries etc

Hi,

Myself and Laser Mark have just finished doing a VR6 conversion on his 16V. As a result pretty much ALL of the 16V engine related components are now sat in my garage doing nothing. They were all removed in good working order and would really be better off bolted to someones car doing what they were intended to do rather than sat in a box in the garage.

The engine and gearbox have covered just over 150,000 miles. Although I hadn't driven the car for more than a few yards before the conversion, I've been assured by Mark that everything is good. The engine doesn't use any oil or water (as expected), the gearbox is smooth with no crunches or whines etc. The engine has a powdercoated rocker cover and looks good. It really needs to be put into a car :)

The inlet/injection system was removed complete and is also in good working order. Mark said that it was running slightly rough when he brought it over to mine before the conversion, but it had been stood for a few weeks prior to that and was probably running on stale fuel too. I'm not 100% familiar with 16V components but everything is available - airbox, metering head, injector pipes, etc etc. The inlet manifold was powdercoated by Mark a couple of years ago and looks fantastic. it's also available, along with a good working throttle body.

The loom was removed intact and I plan on rewrapping it in rayon cloth loom tape before letting it go but if anyone wants it beforehand then let me know.

Here's some pictures....

Inlet:

file-22.jpg

ECU:

file-24.jpg

Engine/Box:

file-23.jpg

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Purple Tom

I'm interested in the loom and doesn't need to be wrapped as I need it to splice up for my 20vt swap

Ok, its in perfect condition so ideal for a splice job. No missing connectors or links etc. How does £40 posted sound?

Tom

I also have another inlet and throttle body, this one isn't powder coated.

I think I also have a second metering head and air box.

The injectors are about 2 years old.

I've had the car a little over 2 years after buying it from Dave16v and its only covered 5000 to 6000 miles in the last few years as I can't afford to keep 2 cars on the road all year round. As Toms says, the engine runs a little rough when cold. This could be due to standing idle for a while and stale fuel. I haven't used it much this year due to the poor weather and being busy.

Thumper - sorry for the slow reply, the ECU is a pre-immobiliser unit yeah, so should be plug and play! How does £50 posted sound?

Tom

Tom is struggling without an internet connection.

Please bare with us. Tom is dealing with the selling as all the bits are at his.

Andy, I've spoken with Tom and he says £150 collected for the engine and gearbox.

He's hoping to have internet again over the weekend.

Edited by Laser Mark

Andy, I still have no internet at home, it's been 11 days without it working now, really busy with work too so don't have much free time but I've popped to my parents to borrow theirs.

If you're interested in the engine/box then I'm open to offers on the £150, I'd rather see it taken away by someone rather than sitting in the garage taking up space.

Cheers

Tom

Andy, recieved a message from Tom this morning.

He'll let the engine go for £100 collected.

A small update on Tom's internet woes. He's told me that BT are fixing his connection on Saturday.