Jamie

Repaired sunroof - chuffed to bits!

Had the tilt-but-no-slide issue on my sunroof so have spent the last couple of weeks reading loads on what it could possibly be. Just went out and had a bit of a look about and noticed one of the plastic rollers wasn't seated properly, a quick poke and voila - one tilting and sliding sunroof! Happy is not the word :D

Fair play mate, i do things the other way round, i think its simple, give it a poke, break it, then regret for weeks.......... :bonk:

Fair play mate, i do things the other way round, i think its simple, give it a poke, break it, then regret for weeks.......... :bonk:

i feel you there mate, i've learnt not to pull and poke if you lack the funding to fix it after you brake it!

sounds familiar

I knew I shouldn't have been so cocky! Sunroofs been fine since Sunday and I've been opening and closing it like a good un without any problems whatsoever. Until tonight. Opened it fine on my way home from work then when I got in I tried to close it using the total closure for the first time and guess what - moved about an inch then stopped and I had to close it inch by inch by repeatedly pressing the switch.

I took the motor off the sunroof mech and it still only moves in small increments with no load on whatsoever so I'm guessing the motors dying, which although a bit of a pain in the arse is preferable to me than a full mechanism rebuild.

Anyone got a working motor for sale? :)

Just for a heads up. Corrado sunroofs usually have another underlying issue, rather than just the motor. Over years of use, the runners/sliders get dust and grit into the mechanism. This mixes with the grease in there to act as cutting paste. This in turn causes resistance and eventually either burns out the motor or snaps a cable. It's a days work, but I'd suggest pulling the entire unit out of the car and strip it all down for a refresh.

Daleyboy - yep already on it

James - the motor sticks even when there's no load on it ie disconnected from the sunroof mechanism completely, so surely it has to be either the motor or the supply to the motor rather than a jamming mechanism?

I've got a new wire mechanism, sat in on my garage shelf that i bought off here a while back.

I can't see me ever fitting it to mine so it's just aswell I sell it and try and recoup what I can if someone needs it!

Not doubting the motor being goosed. Just trying to flag up that it may happen again.

Best of luck either way.

Oh ok mate see what you're saying now. Tbh I'll try a new motor if it works happy days, if it doesn't or packs up a little while after I'll just do without a sunroof. Really can't be arsed taking the mechanism out I'd rather just get the air con working ;)

I've got a new wire mechanism, sat in on my garage shelf that i bought off here a while back.

I can't see me ever fitting it to mine so it's just aswell I sell it and try and recoup what I can if someone needs it!

Hi Andrew, do you still have the part? Is it one or both sides, or maybe best if we start with the part number.....I would buy it as I plan to fix mine now.

Tanks,

R