Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

Lowered With Eibach

I'm a bit confused! Lowered my car with eibach springs, and now it looks like it sits higher at the front than the back. :(

Is that normal?

Haven't changed the shockers yet, but have ordered Koni top adjustables all round. Do you think that should remedy it? The shockers are a bit knackered to be fair, but still it looks a bit odd!

Anybody do a lower top mount like the ones that Bonrath do for MK1 Golfs?

Thanks in advance....

You can def get the lower top mounts and I've got a feeling you can use mk2 golf ones but do check that out as it's more of a guess... :roll:

When did you lower it? It can take a week for the setup to settle - which might level things out at the front

theres nothing you can do about it mate Eibach only make one set of spings for the whole range inclueding the VR6,mines a 20vt and ive had the Eibach and koni set up on for a couple of weeks and its getting lower at the back,ive also got the lowering spring caps on the front and there is 25mm difference front to back and ive got the rear shocks on the top settings :( .

do what im doing and send them back and order some H&R's get mine tomorrow 8)

Well, I'm buggered then!

Spings have been on for about 3000miles so have settled. Put the rear koni's on but still looks high at the front.

got the lowering spring caps on the front and there is 25mm difference front to back

where did you get them from dude?

Thanks in advance

Stu

Right, just to let you know guys and gals, found out that when putting eibach springs with top adjustable konis, you must move the C-clip on the rears shockers from the middle position to the top position thus gaining about 25mm of height and then levelling out the height, otherwise the car is lowered 60mm on the back and 35mm on the front, and making the car look really stupid as I (and 20v turbo) found out!

Kind man at Stealth Racing told me that.

even with the rear shocks set at the top mine still sat low at the back,perfect now with H&Rs on though

OK, Will have to take the ones offered by Demon Tweeks as a good will gesture then. They didn't know about the combination of Koni/Eibach giving that problem :(