Summz

Direct Line

Hey thought i'd share my insurance price with everyone as it seems to be very cheap for a younger driver (21)

i have 3 years no claims and i insure my VR6 (no mods) for around £750 a year!!!

fully comp

i tried searching for insurance on a vr6 for a few months and all the quotes were well over 2k

the moment i tried direct line the said around 750, so i checked again, then checked again, and again... you get the idea

so if any of you younger drivers are struggling with insurance might be worth taking a look at what Direct Line have to offer!! :smug:

i find them good too

350 to insure my valver with full nc and

declared mods ...lower...wheels...tint...kept on street

full comp and breakdown cover

im 35

Yeah i havent tryed them with mods, ive only got a stainless steel exhaust system the rest of the car is original. in time i intend to add a few things so will be interesting how they put the price up for someone younger, which is usually a b#tch as they think anyone under 25 with car mods is going to drive like a chav in a saxo!!

I found them ok, but they wouldn't accept my standard corrado alarm, and said i'm not insured if it gets stolen as the alarm/immob is too old now.

I'd been with them for 7yrs up until then, they messed me about with it so i left

Yeah i had a similiar problem which kinda sorted itself, they wanted proof of my cat2 alarm/immob but i didnt have a reciept to prove it so they buped the price upto 120 a month, i payed one payment of 120 then they put it down to 50ish a month. weird

Wow summz that is cheap i currently pay 1400 a year for my 8v . 21 2ncb been driving 4 years. Where abouts are you ? just wondering if my area code bumps my premuim up a bit but wouldnt of though so really in wigan doesnt seem to bad round ere (touch wood)

Yeah I'm also surprised. Im 31yrs, 4NCB and DirectLince quoted me £1400 too for my valver too. £1000 for insurance + breakdown cover + £200 for Magnex Exhaust + almost £200 for NCB... Hmm, so I nicely said goodbye to them - even though they were claiming that was competitive price! o.O

Also with DirectLine one need to be aware that after a year they will just send you letter thanking you and will automatically renew insurance with them (you'll get new price and option to bail out if you want). But if you miss that, or forgot to cancel, they will sign you on for another year automatically!

Theres no getting away from it insurance are just trying to price performance/enthusiats cars off the road now also the petrol prices dont help at all. Winds me right up bassicly just trying to kill a huge following/hobby that we have.

Shop around and even tell your insurer when you have a renewal quote u have had a better offer more often than not they can beat it even if you say the other quote is better than it actually is! As long as your details are correct with a certificate of insurance its all above board.

Really think a lot of people pay to much, end of the day insurers run a business and they are not going to hand Bargin insurance to every one so if they want your money make them work for it, if they want to call it a competitive quote make them compete against each other. Only real way to keep your premiums from sky rocketing each year!

Summz 750 is not bad at all should come down quite a bit in the next year or two.

AXA via Compare the market: £275 f/c £750 excess (£250 + £500 voluntary). 16v no mods, driveway parking in East berkshire, 38 10yr NCB, sp30 and 3 points declared. (protected would be another £30) :-)

mjcp

britpop I live in cornwall, not to sure if that would make a big difference although it might be a little cheaper than living in a city because of accident rates and the amount of caars in the area etc.

i have got cat2 immobiliser and alarm fitted aswell but i couldn't prove it to my insurers because i havent got a reciept for it.

i got a few excesses to take into account aswell but nothng to hefty.

Yeah hopefully next year, well when my renewal is up it should be cheaper again, fingers crossed.