Big_Al

How the hell do you get the 3 piece windscreen scuttle off?

Hey guys,

I noticed the other day that my car was starting to sprout little green leaves from under the right hand side of the scuttle.

So I tried to remove said plastics to clean out under it.

I removed both wiper arms and removed the screw holding the drive side panel in place and expected the thing to lift away. How wrong was I......

I gave it a little more effort and it started to lift but seemed to be very well stuck down around the middle of this little piece. I felt underneather for bolts, couldnt feel any.

It doesnt appear to be stuck to the windshield itself as I can, with much pain to myself, get my fingers under it.

I feel that I may have broken a clip or something as the plastic will no longer snap back flush to the glass as it was before. :(

Any advice on how to remove this would be welcome as I feel having a tree growing out of the front of the car may harm the mpg :)

Cheers.

Al.

It sounds like some dubious windscreen fitter has stuck it down with mastic ! It should be just clipped down onto these

5284f8be-8515-e437.jpg

You will have to be careful getting it off,maybe a thin razor wire under it ! Be warned,the three parts are now obsolete !

I take it the clips are still available?

I was sort of thinking of going down the spoonfedtuning route of a new one piece scuttle in time, but really cant afford to do it right now :(

Not sure if I want to try this now, knowing how my luck goes with this sort of thing :(

Cheers.

Al.