peachers

Help - VR6 Speedo Stopped Working

Hi,

As per the title was out in the VR6 today in torrential rain when I hit a fairly large pothole that I couldn't see. Pulled over afterwards to check all was OK as it had put the abs light on and when I started off again I noticed that my speedometer had stopped working. The speedo and mileometer are both kaput so was just wondering what I should be checking first to try and identify what the problem is? Thought it might be as simple as a fuse or sensor but am not really sure what I should be looking for - any ideas?

Cheers,

Peter

Check the fuses. The plug at the back may have become slightly dislodged with the jolt. This happened on mine and made all sorts of strange things happen- I thought it was the alternator packing up, but turned out the plug on the back of the clocks wasn't pushed in all the way.

Checked this out today and when I looked at the fuse box there was a cable with green connector hanging and what appeared to be the other end (blue connector). Plugged them together and took a spin up the street and the speedometer moved a bit and then did nothing. Is this the right connector to check and if plugging this in does not work am I looking at a new speed sensor?

Hi mate,

It did start working again but not really sure how, just checked all connections and made sure they properly connected and itjust sprang back in to life :shrug:

fixed mine last night it was the wires from the sensor into the back of the loom plug, i snipped them and put my own plug in and its sorted. i would think its a dodgy wire!