Rorgasm

Spline bolts on clutch

Morning all.

Finally got round to doing some work on the G60 engine i have aquired. Took the Gearbox off with no problems but came to taking the clutch off & it seems to have Spline bolt holding it on (the type with the teeth on the outside of the bolt). Is this common?? Should i be refitting the clutch back on with spline bolt do you reccon??

Rory

do you mean the six 12 point bolts that hold the clutch pressure plate to the flywheel? they're just multi-point bolts, nothing special. undo and retighten opposite bolts and tighten to 20Nm.

There shouldn't be 'spline bolts' in there, like the ones used for driveshaft joints where a multi spline tool is inserted into the centre of the bolt head.

Edited by davidwort

That must be what im looking at. looks like an inside out spline. very similar to this but with a round hole in the middle of it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69167[/ATTACH]

Got hold of some Spline socket today & will post a pic. Just seemed a stange bolt to use to me as the corroded one hardly have any teeeth left on them:-(