max west-yorks

removing all mani, d-pipe and cat

Hi

In installed my jetex catback a few weeks back but at the time I couldn't get the cat off as it was seized to the downpipe and all the bolts are just rust, I'm just wondering if it is possible to removing the mani down pipe and cat at the same time and the replacing with a 6-2-1 manifold straight to the decat pipe?

also if anyone has a 6-2-1 for sale id be very interested!

Thanks,

max

I think the problem you'd have would actually be manoeuvring it all out in one piece - but I cant remember if I've done it this way before. Shameless as it might be - let me know if you want to get rid of your CAT. I'm after one!

I think I might be able to separate the mani from the down pipe if I can get at it it's just the down pipe to cat that was rusted to hell!

is it easy enough to undo the manifold with the intake still on? have you got any tips on how to go about it?

I might be selling bud but it's not in the best of condition! minimal rust but a bit battered from running low

max

Yeah - I think that's relatively easily doable (downpipe off mani)

Last time I removed a CAT I had to just angle grind through the bolts as they were so rusted - that works pretty well!

Suggest inlet/throttle body off to get better access as it can be a bit cramped otherwise, but I always go with the mantra of removing as little as possible unless it makes things particularly difficult

how were the bolts on your mani and downpipe? they literally haven't been touched in it's 18 years of life

I was thinking about angle grinding the bolts but didn't want to risk it without a spare part incase something went tits up which was likely as one of the bolts was right on the top by the lambda!