VR-Sixy

Tax/MOT question

My road tax runs out at the end of this month and my MOT is valid until the middle of October.

I seem to recall the guy at the post office refusing to issue a new tax disc when i went to renew

once and i think he said something about there not being a long enough validity on the MOT.

Is there a minimum amount of validity on a MOT required when you renew your Road tax? :scratch:

That is incorrect, It must be valid on the day the tax disc starts only..

I found this quote..

MOT test certificate

You must produce an MOT test certificate that is valid on the day the tax disc comes into force. A certificate that expires on the last day of the month eg 30 April cannot be used if the tax disc is to start on the first day of the following month eg 1 May.

That is incorrect, It must be valid on the day the tax disc starts only..

I found this quote..

MOT test certificate

You must produce an MOT test certificate that is valid on the day the tax disc comes into force. A certificate that expires on the last day of the month eg 30 April cannot be used if the tax disc is to start on the first day of the following month eg 1 May.

Hi There, thanks for this. My new tax disc would start on the 1st October and the MOT is valid until the 15th. So hopefully, i shouldn't have any problem. Appreciate your input. Cheers.

mines like this..... so long as the MOT is valied.... no matter how many days are remaining you can tax the vehicle.

tax it online.

have you ever heard of the govenmnet refusing to take your money :)

indeed.. you'll have no problems. I always try to run the other way round though so tax expires a month before MOT. that way if you happened to have a failure then at least you're not panicking about tax! remember also you can MOT up to a month in advance, always worth doing..

Definitely going to do this online this time around. At least i won't have ro run the gauntlet of the crusty old git in the post office!! :)

Definitely going to do this online this time around. At least i won't have ro run the gauntlet of the crusty old git in the post office!! :)

or cue behind the dregs of society collecting their 'wages' :lol:

If mine expire together I usually get six months of tax the first time instead of a full year. Then presto, they're 6 months out of sync and you've got tons of time to sort the MOT out :D

Stone