Rorgasm

Corrado wont start after a missfire, help:-|

Afternoon all,

Driving along to pick up a mate who had broken down (ironically). When my Raddo did a loud misfire. My stereo turned off & I think I lost power to car for a brief moment but can't be sure. Carried on driving with now problem to my destination. Parked up for about half hour & when I went back to start nothing happens. Dash lights come on windows, lights, stereo etc work but nothing else I happening.

Looked under the hood & my amp feed had worked its self loose from the fuse so in effect I have a wire from my battery flapping around in my engine bay. Could this be what caused the problem I'm having??

Suggestions on what I should check first what be great:-)

Rory

Check the simple things, battery terminals, fuses etc. There should be a thick wire from the battery to the starter motor, make sure this has not become dislodged. Does the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition on?

Fuses all intact (the ones I can see anyway), batteries terminals all good, feed to starter motor is fine & it sounds like the fuel pump primes when I turn the ignition.:shrug:

If its my old one thats playing up, your not forgetting the immobilisers are you? caught me out many times after turning the engine off then go to start it again and get nothing.

The immobiliser seems to be doing its job in that is I don't turn it off absolutely nothing happens but when I do I get lights ect but nothing else. Will look at the starter motor tomorrow see if I've killed it. I'm open to any other suggestions:bonk:

Did you over rev your engine by any chance?

Check 2 x thin breather pipes are attached on the underside of the air tunnel (throttle body end). If one of these has fallen off or come away from the small red dual thermostat inside the air tunnel (see no.39 on 94 16V 2.0 schematics attached) your engine won't turn over for sh*t.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69357[/ATTACH]

Edited by tentonhammer

Two pipes are in & secure. Connected another starter motor but still no joy:( changed battery still nothing???

11v to the dizzy & to the starter motor when I turn the key but nothing is happening? Going to wait till its dark to see if the HTs are sparking but as I can't hear the dizzy going round I'm sure they aren't.

Can hear the fuel pump prime behind me or a least a noise behind the drivers seat & all the lights but that's all I get a the turn of a key.

What would happen if my ecu was fried out of interest??

Might be a crank sensor? I had a problem on a *cough*clio*couch* :oops: where it wouldnt turn over as the sensor was faulty

Don't suppose you know if the sensors are the same in the G60 do you?

Scrap that comment just checked.

How would I know if the sensor is dead?

Edited by Rorgasm

Could it be the ignition switch? This would not explain the misfire, but I have seen this happen to the ignition switch where you get all lights, Window etc working but the engine just wont turn over.

Little break through, bench checked my other starter motor & nothing! So have just linked the battery to the starter motor in my car (bypassing the ignition switch) a it had life but barely any. Connected back to how it was & now when I turn the key it's chattering away so at least something is happening now:) battery on charge this evening for further testing tomorrow but I'm back to thinking its the starter motor again.

Finally got to the bottom of things..... Turns out my battery is fried & my spare is knackered as well:splat:

Cleaned all starter motor terminals, bought new battery & the old girl lives again.:thumbleft:

Thanks for the advise guys sorry the out come wasn't overly interesting & plainly obvious.