jimbob88

Another spoiler question, sorry

It doesnt work automatically but that another issue lol

if i use the button next to my right knee the small handle on the inside of the boot lid does a 1/4 turn and gets stuck, it does sound like its trying to lift the spoiler but cant, are the prone to sticking? Getting gunked up?

:bonk:

Pretty much yep.

Remove, clean, re-grease is quite a common task amongst Corrado owners. Although once you've done it, should be good for at least a few years.

Sweet thanks for the reply vr6, i'll have a search for some info on removal etc.

Cheers

---------- Post added at 8:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:54 PM ----------

wow what a pain in the arse, i've started to remove the spoiler mech and got to the manual release tab on the mech, pulled it so i can be turned and guess what, its stuck solid, even tried with a pair of pliers on the shaft itself and it wont move, how do you remove the spoiler when its stuck in the down position?

Edited by jimbob88

Well i've been for another go and as you say ive managed to get the cover of the mech in situ and pull the cables from the gear drive, the drive is now free to move and the spoiler is still stuck solid, tried pushing the cables into the tubes and nothing, :(

Not looking good,but its dark now i'll have another bash tomorrow

Thanks for the comments :)

right well just a quick update for anyone that may be interested.

turns out who ever fitted the spoiler after the paint job had used sikaflex in an attempt i pressume to seal it from water getting into the struts/boot etc so aftyer much huffing and tugging and trapping of the fingers i managed to lift the spoiler far enough to remove the spoiler blade and mechanism.

stripped it all down regreased and refit and it works like a charm on the button now :)

still doesnt work automatically i dont think but the spedd at which they come up is varied judging by some of the posts i've read, but thats or another day, sunroof next lol