Sign in to follow this  
Ad's 16v

Wheel Spacers

I want to keep my original Estorils and get them Chromed or Polished and was just wondering if anyone knows of any wheel spacers or knows about how wheel spacers work :oops: in terms fixings e.t.c. as i've always been a bit confused :? as to how they fit and how wheel offsets work and what the ET Nos. are all about :oops:

Any help greatley appreciated.

Wheel Novice.

from what i can gather there are 2 types

hubcentric and universal

the universal ones are a flat plat with many holes in to fit most vehicle types

the hubcentric are for that type of car and basically extent the hub meaning centre is replicated so mounting wheel is easy.

universals go upto around 10mm. i use 5mm woith no problems id have to say over that id get proper ones but they can extend into a fair few quid like 60 or so.

I'm running 9mm spacers on my front wheels to get 'em to clear the Brembo brake conversion... At the moment I've got universal spacers on which are OK, but I'm gonna get my mate to make up a set which have a spiggot ring built in and are designed to fit onto the hub properly so that I don't have all the hassles with getting the wheel on and so I KNOW that it's balanced up properly and the wheel is sitting properly too... 8)

Spacers are OK as long as you take into account that you have to get longer bolts too! ;) Just don't go mad with 'em and you'll be OK... 8)

I got spacers on the front to clear the calipers, but none on the back, car was like this when i got it,

Should it have some on the back too? it doesent need them, but wondered if it effected it handling wise