Sign in to follow this  
insomniak

Service - How much????

My C is due for a service this month and as this will be the first service since I've had the car, I was wondering how much I should budget for :?:

The car has just over 64400 miles and has full service history (not all VW tho).

For what it's worth: Corkills (now Lancaster) charge £65 p.hour labour minus 10% for VW's over 10 years old) plus VAT and parts. You're probably looking at £200 plus for your service.

Cheers,

Phil.

You could do it yourself and save a few quid. These cars are old now and as we've seen fvwsh/fsh doesn't mean all that much when it's time to sell.

:( Be very careful if you take it to Lancaster for any service/repair work on your VR6. In my experience/advice, after my experience with them I wouldn't trust their warranty/ service department at all.

If you do take it there expect to pay big bucks; and after the work is done check as far as you can whether it's been done properly. I bought my VR from them. See "Disaster-advice required guys" ( late March/early April) in the "Problems" section of the Forum. Still VW UK might come up trumps......

From now on I'm doing all the work on my VR myself or with a mechanic I trust if I can find one.

Cheers,

Phil.

I dont want to go to lancaster, last time I put my golf in for a service they did a 20k service even though I asked for 10k. and charged me £250.

Also....

The reverse light switch was faulty so I asked for a new one - they tried to charge me £12 to fit it. £12 for a

I complained, but their attitude was "So....."

About about a week later I got a phone call from their "after sales team" - they asked me was I happy about the work they had just done. HAPPY - was I F^*K happy. What I said must have been to the right people because within about 10 min I got a phone call from the manager of corkills, offering to go halfs on the work for the reverse light switch - I told him not to insult me and to "politely" shove where the sun dont shine. :p

They later had the cheek to send me a letter advising me that I hadnt paid and will take further action - even though I paid and they signed and dated my invoice. Bunch of Tw@ts.

I would never recommend corkils / lancaster for service

Im going to take the C to Eurocars, where the prevous owner used to get it serviced. Putting £250 aside - hopefully that should cover it.