steVR6

quick mk4 golf brake question

hi all,

i have been offered a complete front set up from a 99 2.0gti,cheap with new discs n pads fitted.

this is whats on offer;

front hubs inc bearings,calipers,carriers,discs,and pads,and even flexi hoses.

my question is simply can i change them onto my corrado complete,as they are?

i.e. take my whole bearing,hub,discs,calipers,carriers,off

and stick these on

Edited by steVR6

I think you will need some spacers (6mm?) then they should fit. Try also using the search as I'm sure this has been asked before.

Ian.

You might want to double check but the last 2.0 8V MK4 GTI I drove (circa 2000 vintage) didn't have 288s. They were weedy little brakes. But still sharper than a Corrado's!!

You might want to double check but the last 2.0 8V MK4 GTI I drove (circa 2000 vintage) didn't have 288s. They were weedy little brakes. But still sharper than a Corrado's!!

bloody hell,thanks kev,it never even entered my head that they'd be different tbh,will check.

just out of curiosity,what are/where they? 280s?

Yeah they looked 280 kind of size. I remember checking them because I was shocked how sharp they were, but was equally shocked to see they weren't 288s!! Kind of looked like 1.6 base model kind of size!! AFAIK, it was only the 1.8T GTI that got 288s, but I could be wrong....

Kev i know you've prob said before but whats your recommended disc pad combo for 288mm brakes, i currently have turbo groove ebc discs and red stuff pads but they are pretty vague?