Bishbosh1

Paint plastics?!!

Hi guys, stripped the whole of my interior out today to give it all a damn good clean. The cream plastics - centre console - have stains on them, can anybody recommend a good cleaner for it or can I possibly spray paint them?!!

Pretty sure people have and good results spraying them mate id give them a good degrease first and maybe use some emri cloth just prep them

Also heard that scotch bright pads are good for cleaning if you didnt want to paint them

To clean plastics:

fill bath with hot water, add wanish carpet cleaner, whole bottle or so, put them in for a night, 8-10h then take a hard brush and just clean them.

To paint plastics:

Sand them down with 180-220 grid paper. I used leather paint to do my foot rest. Not a scratch on paint for over a year of usage.

---------- Post added at 6:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:34 PM ----------

Go and check my build thread

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?47944-Emu-s-Corrado-DDID-Dials-Finally-Fitted/page9

To clean plastics:

fill bath with hot water, add wanish carpet cleaner, whole bottle or so, put them in for a night, 8-10h then take a hard brush and just clean them.

To paint plastics:

Sand them down with 180-220 grid paper. I used leather paint to do my foot rest. Not a scratch on paint for over a year of usage.

---------- Post added at 6:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 6:34 PM ----------

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?47944-Emu-s-Corrado-DDID-Dials-Finally-Fitted/page9

Hi,

Thanks for that, just looked at your build thread and your painted footrest is exactly the sort of thing I'm attempting to do to all my beige plastics. Can u remember what the make and colour code of the leather spray paint was u used?

Cheers

Peter

Gliptone products

Remember to degrease all plastics and use vinyl gloves, not only protect your hands from paint but will stop sweat going on plastics.

Corrado ’93 beige

Corrado ’95 beige

no matter, both same colour

been using that http://www.liquidleather.com/scuffs.htm

---------- Post added at 8:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:24 PM ----------

Listen to Emu,

He did some parts for me,well over a year ago,

Still look like new !

Very happy to hear that :)

Edited by emu

If you don't have any carpet cleaner then you could try some diluted washing powder. I recently cleaned some cooker parts with it and it was very effective. Maybe leave soaking for a few hours and then start scrubbing with a soft nail brush.

To clean plastics:

To paint plastics:

What did you use on your carpet? The photo of yours before you cleaned it is just like mine

What did you use on your carpet? The photo of yours before you cleaned it is just like mine

Again 10h hot bath with bottle of carpet vanish + hard brush