G_Dub

Speakers just faded out and stopped working

I have front component Rainbow SLC 230's amplified by a Kenwood amp (KAC 7201). All was working fine and sounding good until the week before last when the speakers just faded out whilst I was listening to some music. I didn't have the music very loud at all, pretty low actually so I'm certain it's not blown the speakers. I think they're rated at 80w RMS and they don't get that much sent to them.

I've checked the crossovers, the phono cables and the speaker terminals and all seems fine. The amp is getting power and is turning on when the head unit is turned on. I tried using some new phono cables but still nothing. I also tried swapping the the B channel on the amp and still the same. I know it's not the head unit as if I set the fader to rear the rear speakers come on fine (they're powered by the head unit). Fuse on the amp hasn't blown or the big fuse near the battery.

It's a long shot but does anyone have any ideas?

The only thing I can come up with is that something has gone internally on the amp. It is 9 years old.

you could try inputing audio from another head unit or you could try a 3.5mm jack to rca cable and input from an ipod

If it works from another source then its the head unit