ChrisL

Just bought a Sony CDX-5290 RDS head unit

I read somewhere that this was a model that would have been available for my Corrado in 1995. Anybody know if this is correct?

I intend to replace my alpine period cassette player and autochanger when I strip all the I.C.E out of the corrado and this gives me CD without the need to refit the orignal sony cassette player and autochanger.

I read somewhere that this was a model that would have been available for my Corrado in 1995. Anybody know if this is correct?

I intend to replace my alpine period cassette player and autochanger when I strip all the I.C.E out of the corrado and this gives me CD without the need to refit the orignal sony cassette player and autochanger.

my 95 vr had a cdx 4100 from new.... it has exactly the same face as the one you bought. but i guess it has a few less functions. as long as it has the green back light (they also came in orange) it will be right.

they sound rubbish compared to 2days stereo's and the buttons cause problems over time.

Thanks, I knew I'd seen it somewhere.

Not sure of the colour but my Sony standard cassette player that came with the car has orange illumination.

I know they don't sound brilliant but it's the look of standard I want to keep but with the function of cd.

Not sure of the colour but my Sony standard cassette player that came with the car has orange illumination.

I know they don't sound brilliant but it's the look of standard I want to keep but with the function of cd.

Some Sony's can switch between orange and green. Pressing two buttons together on the front facia switches over.

On my two sets it is press the "SEL" (select) button and hold while then pressing the preset "1" button. Colour then just toggles on each press of "1".

I'm not expecting any great sounds. At the moment there is some components up front and a sub in the boot all run from a couple of alpine retro v12 amps. So taking this out and going back standard is a big change but needs must!