VR6

Sky Offers?

Might be a long shot but I'm about to join Sky as a new customer ...

In a typical case of bad timing, they've literally just stopped an offer for half price subscriptions for a year. Doh.

So I was just wondering if anyone works for Sky, or knows someone who does that might have a spare friends and family code?? Or any other nice little incentives that I could snaffle for that matter. Figure if I'm getting locked in for a year, I might as well make the most of it!

Cheers in advance :)

Smart ass :lol:

Why the hell not though? I'd rather have £350 in my pocket than theirs.

I'm only asking as a bloke on the MLR forum is an engineer and has loads of friends and family vouchers (half price for a year) that he's just giving away. He just bloody ran out though!

Lol ... close Kev! A full HD package is about £62 a month!

If I can get that half price for a year, or a free 1tb box, I don't mind giving a few handjobs here and there.

That s why I gave up my subscription. The cost is madness. If you can get it for half price then its just about worth it. I look at it as paying for my insurance for my car and my partners.

Aye - hence the request really. I've been a customer for years (in my ex's name) so finally cancelled that and looking to get a good deal for a 12 months hopefully.

Problem is on the Isle of Man you only have 2 options: Sky or Freeview.

Have to admit, if it wasn't for the Sport/high def channels, I probably wouldn't bother at all.

Balls. One day too late!

Wonder if it's something they'll run again soon.

There'll probably be offers going up to Christmas. If you're going to wait then PM every so often and remind me your looking.

Cheers, appreciate the offer. Do you work for Sky then?

Wonder if it's worth trying to blag it on the phone? :grin:

Cheers, appreciate the offer. Do you work for Sky then?

Wonder if it's worth trying to blag it on the phone? :grin:

Yes, blag it, finished or not, they want your cash and usually give you some sort of deal

If you get a referral you and the referee both get £75 voucher for M&S or similar. Just done this with my sister. I don't mind referring you lol

Cheers HJ ... I know they do that but I think at the moment, for new customers they offer £100 M&S vouchers just as an incentive anyway, without needing the referral. Obviously the referral helps though, £150 vs £100. As long as it's a 100-50 split ;)

Good plan, although that wouldn't pay for my Xmas morning drinks :lol:

I know the feeling. A bloke at work got me on to Christmas port the other year. Without sounding like a 32 going on 50 year old it was good advice now. Have an expensive bottle of 83 vintage readying for the day.

I had a cheeky little port last night as it happens. God I sound like me nan :lol: