Sign in to follow this  
andihaz

What alarms this

Hi all,

Just got my first corrado and it was advertised as having cat 1 alarm and immobiliser, but the certificate of installation is only for a cat 2 laserline transponder immobiliser, and the alarm/central locking fob has serpi star written on it, i've found the control unit for this under the glovebox and it has GR40 written on it (guessing that might be the model number) and it also has a 1990 sticker on it. What I dont know is what category of alarm is, and is it the factory fitted alarm? My car is a very late 90 H plate. Does anyone have any information on this alarm. I'd like to find a replacement case for the fob, but cant seem to find anyone with them. I know this doesnt make perfect sense but at the mo, i'm very confused about all of it.[/img]

I'm fairly certain that's an early Cobra alarms fob...

OK, I was wrong about that bit... Serpi star ARE a seperate company... try HERE for a spare fob... 8)

Sounds like someone's installed a CAT2 afterwards and left the original (non-factory) alarm on as well to do the central locking and the like...

Probably doesn't come upto full CAT1 standards, but as long as the CAT2 bit works OK and you've got proof of installation, the insurance company will be happy... 8)

Serpi Star have done the factory fit alarms on BMWs in the past and they do have some that are Cat 1. If you do want a cat 1 fitting, I only live down the road near Warrington and can sort you out.

Gavin